EVGA X58 MoBo's-Which One?

Salt-City_Slasher

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
I have been setuping up a build and plan to do either 3 way SLI with the GTX 470, if not I plan on SLI 470 with PsyX card.
Anyways since EVGA is the best place to get a board for nvidia cards, I decided to get the i7 930 for multiple reasons and one of
them being the X58 boards being the best money can buy, with out any bottlenecks, 6 dimms, better PCI slots and so one.
So I am trying to stick to a budget which is 1500, but its just the budget I am trying to stay under, I am not buying for a couple of
month cause I want to see what prices are like and what is on the shelfs.
Back to the EVGA boards, The classified boards is to much, so there are 2 X58 SLI boards that are exactly the same and then there is the LE version.
I can't seem to find what makes one better than the other, I actually prefer the looks of the LE version.
So if you could help me figure what is going on between these three.
Also since I am not buying till like juneishjuly, does anyone know if EVGA is going to release any new boards with sata 3 and usb 3???
Also if you think there is something better or/and cheaper priced let me know.
So minimum 3 way SLI, X58, medium budget 200-300 dollars-but leaning more to around 250, its to go with a set of the best card out on the market 470,
and my plan is to stick it in the new LanBoy Air, so I was shooting for black or blue but its not as important as performace and features.
Also I would like one that has really good features and the best bios and good OCing capabilites, thats why I picked evga.
so there it this let me know what you think, recommendations, opinions, and hate mail are exepted! So post it up!

Solution
I'm getting the EVGA X58 SLI LE. Didn't see a reason to pay for the extra features on the more expensive boards. It still comes with a ton of great stuff.

Salt-City_Slasher

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
Yeah thats the one I was looking at, and it seems to be the best X58 board for Nvidia cards.
Plus its price is getting lower by the day. I want to stay at my budget, so I don't over estimate and then have to scramble to find a cheaper part, so when the time comes and I have extra I can always bump it up to the classified board.
But it seems to be the ideal boad if your trying to save a little cash, there dose not seem like there would be a huge difference between them.

Doommaker

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009
I'm getting the EVGA X58 SLI LE. Didn't see a reason to pay for the extra features on the more expensive boards. It still comes with a ton of great stuff.

Solution

Salt-City_Slasher

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
Yeah the LE is are still nice, I think it actually looks better than other two. I was looking at the EVGA's cause I am still debating on wether or not I want to get the new
GTX 470. It seems like each company has their own vesion and msi has the cool street fighter one. I figured since the only problem with the 470 is its heat issue,
that by the time I buy one they will have fixed it. Evga is definitely the mobo to get when getting nvidia cards.