What is min psu for asus EN8400GS silent

shlitz

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
I am looking to get a asus en8400gs silent, but the box dont say what the min psu i should have.
it in my local store and just want the cheapest video card that i can hook up to my 42 plasma.
it is selling for 55 bucks and the hdmi cable is 25 bucks.
i just dont know if my 250w spu is good enuff.
anyone with this card know if 250w is good enuff and how many fps improvement i will see with world of warcraft compared to my intergated intel g33/g31 express chipset family, and can i run dual monitors (my 22 lcd, 42 plasma)
current windows experience index score is 3.3 for graphics.

Thank you in advance:)

shlitz

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
this is the cheapest card i can find in my town that will hook up to my 42 plasma, every other one in my town require me to upgrade my psu. i dont want to spend the money on a psu. later on down the road maybe but just want to get my my 42 plasma working for me:) Staples has the 9500 gt but requires a bigger psu than my 250w and if i was to ever upgrade my psu id probably get the 9800gt they have or the 250oc. but for now, im trying to do the cheapest.
so this is a GO or a NO-GO on the 250w psu for the en8400gs silent?
thank you

shlitz

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009

doesnt the 9500gt require a 350w psu with 18amp? my 250w 14 amp will still power this? oh and it 100bucks more here were i live.

An 8400GS uses 15.7w idle and 26.4w load @ 2.2A and although I can't find the exact requirements, according to this chart the 9500GT will be OK on a 250w :-
power_consumption.jpg

Source

shlitz

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
Just like to thank you for everyones input:)
I bought the asus en8400gs silent and the hdmi cable (one end has dvi, the other hdmi) and it works great for the price i suppose.
I used the driver cd that came with it, and everything works fine, despite the reviews that everyone said about upgrading to the most recent. But have yet to play WOW with it. My windows experience index score went up, but i cant tell the difference in spore. What i do notice is that it way better sitting on my couch surfing the net and watching movies on my 42 plasma than it was in a old chair face-to-screen with my 22 inch lcd. At first, the first movie i watched, i noticed all the text was flickering, and the audio fell out of sync. Later on that day i realized there was an update notification for divx7. I downloaded it and all was fixed. I am very happy with product, cause it did what i needed it to do, (besides not giving me audio threw to the tv, but i use my boombox for that anyways) without having to upgrade my psu. Next purchase to my system i will get a good psu and 1T hard drive when i am not on a tight budget as i wasthis time.
Thanks again for every ones help, toms hardware forums educated me to a new level, were as i learned everything i needed to from these forums.