Small Affordable Houses

OK, I'm a freak because I like to really just play the game, use as few
cheats/mods as possible, and start all my Sims from scratch. My problem
right now is that on the exchange there's all these *beautiful* houses, but
they're all *so* big and *so* expensive (and loaded with customs that I
don't really want) that they really aren't very playable. I want to find
houses that have rooms that are sized to hold furniture, but are accessible
to each other and small enough that it doesn't take an hour to get from
upstairs to the front door. Any idea where I can find some good small
playable houses, 40K simoleons or less? Right now I have to keep recycling
the ones I like...........*sigh*

Thanks guys,
Julie

"marcesent" <jkbarton@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
> OK, I'm a freak because I like to really just play the game, use as
> few cheats/mods as possible, and start all my Sims from scratch. My
> problem right now is that on the exchange there's all these
> *beautiful* houses, but they're all *so* big and *so* expensive (and
> loaded with customs that I don't really want) that they really aren't
> very playable. I want to find houses that have rooms that are sized
> to hold furniture, but are accessible to each other and small enough
> that it doesn't take an hour to get from upstairs to the front door.
> Any idea where I can find some good small playable houses, 40K
> simoleons or less? Right now I have to keep recycling the ones I
> like...........*sigh*
>
> Thanks guys,
> Julie

Here are some sites with different size houses and you can choose
furnished or unfurnished on some of them. Also, do a "google" search for
Sims 1 or 2 houses.

These are for Sims 2, hope you weren't looking for Sims 1 houses.

http://www.sims2houseandgarden.warpto.com/index.htm

http://simestates2.planetthesims.gamespy.com/original_lots.htm

Hope this gets you started. :)

deene

"marcesent" <jkbarton@austin.rr.com> wrote:

>OK, I'm a freak because I like to really just play the game, use as few
>cheats/mods as possible, and start all my Sims from scratch. My problem
>right now is that on the exchange there's all these *beautiful* houses, but
>they're all *so* big and *so* expensive (and loaded with customs that I
>don't really want) that they really aren't very playable. I want to find
>houses that have rooms that are sized to hold furniture, but are accessible
>to each other and small enough that it doesn't take an hour to get from
>upstairs to the front door. Any idea where I can find some good small
>playable houses, 40K simoleons or less? Right now I have to keep recycling
>the ones I like...........*sigh*

I've been posting houses that I build - based on plans from
DreamHomeSource.com - to the Exchange; lately, the 2 and 3 BR houses
that I've been building are in the 40-50K range (unfurnished), and seem
eminently workable. Search the lot exchange for houses built by
jeffdzeitlin - they'll all have names like "DHS 666 - 3BR 2BA". The
brief description (and I wish they'd allow longer descriptions in some
cases) will always start with the price.

Currently, I have six houses up, ranging from 41K to 56K. I've had
others, but Maxis seems to purge the Exchange on a near-constant basis,
and I'm not sure what the criteria are - some houses have stayed up
longer than others.

I tend to post lots on a fairly regular basis; most are built for living
based on DHS plans; occasionally, I'll do a proof-of-concept and upload
it - those don't follow any sort of naming plan, and there are no
guarantees that they'll work well in play.

(Note to builders - I've found that a good scale to assume when you're
building [in lot view] is one square=2.5 feet. When looking at the
neighborhood view, one square there is 10 squares in the lot view, so
the 4x4 lot is 100ft by 100ft when you're building. Yes, it leads to
some inaccuracies - the doors are narrower than reality, for example -
but it seems suitable for game play.)

--
Jeff Zeitlin
jzeitlin@cyburban.com