Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Can we talk about TDCS? overclocking your brain! seriously

Last response: in Overclocking
January 16, 2012 10:18:46 PM

Transcranial direct current stimulation
Alright i have ADD (attention deficit disorder) I am looking for a permanent cure on my journey i discovered this.

TECHNICAL ASPECTS OF tDCS:

The positive electrode is called the anode. Brain function under the electrode site is enhanced by roughly 20 to 40% when the current density (concentration of amperage under the electrode) exceeds 40 µa/cm2 (260 µa/inch2) (thats 2 milli amps for noobs). The negative electrode is called the cathode and it reduces brain function under the electrode site by 10 to 30% at the fore-mentioned current density. Anodal stimulation is the most common form of tDCS as it enhances brain function.

Were is it used?
Military apparently and to treat depression and other brain issues.

more info here
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=amping...

Why?
Proven to increase brains natural abilities up 40+% in the area stimulated for the time induced and permanently straighten the neuralgic connections for 50+ days after.
Air force claims its cut in half the learning time of UAV pilots.

Overclocking of Our most powerful Processing Device and the only one that matters.

Has any one tried this? and one make a device at home? does it work? will someone with more knowledge throw there two cents in.
January 16, 2012 11:19:25 PM

I think you'd want a decent cooling system, I'm not sure what socket the brain's mounting system would require but water cooling it sure sounds like a good idea to me and remember overclocking will reduce the lifespan of the processor in question.
m
l

Best solution

February 29, 2012 3:38:20 PM

Hi,

Have tried it and it works. I also think I have got ADD or something that resembles ADD and it makes me calm and serene. Unlike anything I have ever experienced by taking medication.

Not sure if I would make a device myself. I'm quite knowledgeable on electronics and still preferred not to make it myself...

This site has some good information: http://www.trans-cranial.com/howitworks

If you want to know anything specific, you can PM me.

Steve

cmartin011 said:
Transcranial direct current stimulation
Alright i have ADD (attention deficit disorder) I am looking for a permanent cure on my journey i discovered this.

Overclocking of Our most powerful Processing Device and the only one that matters.

Has any one tried this? and one make a device at home? does it work? will someone with more knowledge throw there two cents in.

Related resources
a b K Overclocking
February 29, 2012 5:48:04 PM

THC is the cure for ADD...But if you want to OC the brain by sticking electric to your head I would suggest you watch your temps and make sure your mem modules are set with the correct timings...For real you ask this question on Tom's !?...Try the Mayo Clinic website for such matters...Sounds like to me your just a troll...Damn there I go feeding the trolls !!!
m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
March 5, 2012 11:49:06 PM

I remember you posting this a while back :-)
It all ended when we decided Stephen hawking had been overvolted....
Moto
m
l
a b K Overclocking
March 6, 2012 12:40:44 AM

I thought Hawking had C-n-Q enabled
m
l
May 6, 2012 9:45:25 PM

Best answer selected by cmartin011.
m
l
July 30, 2012 5:42:28 PM

Another interesting place to visit is this: www.tdcscommunity.com

It has a list of clinical trials. Apparently there is a trial for the application of tDCS for ADHD.

m
l
November 12, 2012 11:01:47 AM

webdude75 said:

Have tried it and it works. I also think I have got ADD or something that resembles ADD and it makes me calm and serene. Unlike anything I have ever experienced by taking medication.

Not sure if I would make a device myself. I'm quite knowledgeable on electronics and still preferred not to make it myself...

This site has some good information: http://www.trans-cranial.com/howitworks

If you want to know anything specific, you can PM me.

Steve

Hello Steve I have just bought tdcs device from trans-cranial.com suppose to arrive tomorrow.
Considering you have more experience I would like to find out in advance how to use best this tool.
The manual online are very clear and reading some tutorial I have an idea how to place electrodes, according to the scope wished. Considering me either I have some trouble with ADD, my target is to improve attention memory focusing and other skill that could make my life better at work (I work in IT).
In online manual they explain how to calculate distance and mark point on your scalp, here (http://speakwisdom.wordpress.com/tag/montage/) for example they give you and idea about position and scope.
What is not really clear to me is about how to choose the size of the electrodes, if your tarket is memory do you really have to place anode on FP1/FP2 and cathode on the neck ? the schedules and the session so you have to make a session every day ? how long session and how many days ? Can you continue to use CES device with tdcs treatment ? or they are in conflict ?
please answer me privately on dboleso@hotmail.com
thanks a lot davide
m
l
!