Kris92_

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
Hello,
I don't get my ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO to work correctly. It don't discover any screens. "No Signal".
It's my first time building my own computer. What have I done wrong?

Solution
Very little things that are supposed to fit over the pins situated below the sky blue PCI slot on the far left. Those control the power and give the mobo signals from the power button. If your mobo doesn't even boot the there is a serious issue with the only solution beong RMA. SInce you could boot off of the power button the jumpers can't be the problem. Are you sure you placed the CPU over the pins correctly? A good mobo would be able to show a screen and complete POST which would show on your monitor with only 24-pin power and CPU.

Kris92_

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010

I have a HD5770 which is set in the PCIEX16_1 slot. Even if I connect the VGA og DVI in the mobo, I still get the "no signal" message on the screen. If i the plug out the screen, it says "No Cable".

At first I thought my mistake was that my RAM stood in A2 and B2, then I found out it should be set in different colored slots. It didn't make any difference though.

Got my computer at friday, so it's reeeealy boring that I don't get it to work.
Appreciate any help!

Kris92_

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
I can't get into the setup menu, cus I dont have a screen to access the computer with.

You see my problem? I can't do anything. I've also tried to restart BIOS without any luck

Kris92_

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
The speaker doesn't seem to work either, as well as PWR_LED and H.D.D-led.
And the dvd-room closes as fast as it has opend.

My guess is some kind of production error on the mobo.

mister g

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Check that all the wires are plugged into the mobo, the power and HDD lights use jumpers probably on a side of the board. That's a problem if the system won't even POST. The DVD-ROM is probably closing because you aren't supposed to open it during POST. Make sure the 4 or 8 pin CPU power plug is plugged into the power port right nect to its heatsink and fan. Also check that all the SATA cables are plugged in too.

Kris92_

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
The 4 pin CPU plug is plugged in nad the SATA's are in.
I think ur right about the DVD-ROM.

But, you men I should use jumpers in the panel for power, reset and LED cables? Does that make a difference?

Kris92_

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
The speaker don't even beep when I try to turn on the comp. To me, that's a sign of an error in the mobo. Cus if the computer started up with an error, it would beep one time. And if i booted the computer without RAM, it would beep 6 times, and it does neither.

Just used jumpers, and it didn't help. Do we have the same perception of what a jumper is? :G

mister g

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Very little things that are supposed to fit over the pins situated below the sky blue PCI slot on the far left. Those control the power and give the mobo signals from the power button. If your mobo doesn't even boot the there is a serious issue with the only solution beong RMA. SInce you could boot off of the power button the jumpers can't be the problem. Are you sure you placed the CPU over the pins correctly? A good mobo would be able to show a screen and complete POST which would show on your monitor with only 24-pin power and CPU.

Solution

Kris92_

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
My neighbor took a look at it earlier today, and couldn't find it out. I'm taking the computer to a friend tonight. Hopefully we'll find a solution to the problems :D