S/pdif 2 pin jumpers

Status
Not open for further replies.

breezy69

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
i purchased a galaxy geforce gts 250 video card. I have installed in into my HP system. I have video, fine. I have used an hdmi connector on the card for my TV. It came equipped with a 2 pin jumper. I found the one on the card fine, but I am not finding where to hook it into the mother board. I am using an mcp61pm hm board. is there anyone who could help.

It's at the bottom of the board, to the left of the red socket if this is your board that is.
c00906141.gif

c00906142.jpg

Source

breezy69

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009

I will give it a try and see. I just wasn't sure if there was some other spidif that I could purchase. What is on the motherboard doesn't seem to want to hold the plugs very well. These wires are flemsy. Gotta shut down the system and try.

I'll let you know.
thanks
Breezy69

Nafryti

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
wow, i love how this is the closest to what i am looking for, and yet as far away from my answer as everything else here, but it did tell me one thing, only two of the three are active, i have created a jumper that i can use to see if i can connect to the spdif output and get the deal done right. i am fairly new to this site, idk if i posted here before, i just logged in and was surprised that i was already registered... terrible memory.

so here i go, i'll post terminal polarities!

Nafryti

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
ok so i did that, and nothing happened, the system don't seem to work well with random things lol.

idk what i did wrong, but idc, i'm gonna put an X-Fi in it anyways.

either way i said i was posting the polarities, so here they are
i used a multi meter to test it, i ain't no fancy talker so...
from left to right...
negative/ground - nothing/no current - positive

if there are fancy words for these terminals then may you please correct this?
1 2 3
- 0 +

thats simple enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.