Sign in with
Your question

Computer beeping! help!!!

Last response: in Components
December 26, 2009 7:38:55 AM

my computer was beeping through the internal speaker every couple of seconds. sometimes it was a double beep... at first i thought it was getting too hot but i checked my temps and they were both below 50 degrees. i thendisconnected 2 of my 3 hard drives and it has stopped beeping (for now anyway). does anyone know why it might have been beeping? i thought maybe its a SMART warning but i dont think its even enabled. should i reset the bios and see if that helps? or maybe its a problem with my psu? not enough power? but 700w should be more than enough for my system. im using vista btw if that makes a difference.

More about : computer beeping

December 26, 2009 11:44:24 AM

Reset the bios, but be sure you have the right keyboard interface before doing it. A few boards have the usb keyboard setting disabled at the default settings. Are you using the same memory sticks, or mixing brands/size sticks?
December 26, 2009 11:57:03 AM

o1die said:
Reset the bios, but be sure you have the right keyboard interface before doing it. A few boards have the usb keyboard setting disabled at the default settings. Are you using the same memory sticks, or mixing brands/size sticks?

2x 2gb corsair... both the same... i worked out which hdd it was now so i am using 2/3. i will plug it back in tmoz and it still beeps i will hav 2 reset the bios. how do i check if i have the right keyboard interface?
Related resources
December 26, 2009 2:48:11 PM

Try checking it before you reset. It should be listed in the second or third section of the bios. Look for usb keyboard.
December 27, 2009 6:39:12 AM

i plugged the hard drive back in and its beeping still. its an old 160gb barracuda 7200.9 tho so i think it might be time to replace the drive instead of resetting the bios - which i don't feel 100% comfortable doing. thanks for the help tho..
!