Sign in with
Your question

Xp problem With D945Gcl motherboard

Last response: in CPUs
December 26, 2009 8:25:30 AM

Sir,
There is a problem with my Either Board or processor when i am installing xp, it takes 45 min and after installation it freeze for some times and it show 30 to 40 Cpu Usage in ideal position (no other working is going on) So plz help me
a c 159 à CPUs
a c 435 V Motherboard
December 26, 2009 11:41:01 AM

You need xp service pack 2 to do a proper installation of windows. You can also reset your bios using the cmos jumper or removing the motherboard battery for a few seconds with the system off, then reinstall the battery to reset the bios.
m
l
December 27, 2009 2:05:26 AM

o1die said:
You need xp service pack 2 to do a proper installation of windows. You can also reset your bios using the cmos jumper or removing the motherboard battery for a few seconds with the system off, then reinstall the battery to reset the bios.

i am installed a fresh xp service pack 3 but nothing better happen and my system info:
1.50 gb ram dual core processor 3GHZ
plz tell me how to reset cmos jumper?

m
l
Related resources
a c 159 à CPUs
a c 435 V Motherboard
December 27, 2009 11:53:03 AM

With the system off, remove the round motherboard battery for a few seconds, then press it back in. You can pry the clip with a small screwdriver to pop it out. If you have some virus on your system, it's best to format first and delete the drive partition before installing windows. But try resetting the bios first. One word of caution, if you use a usb keyboard, be sure to check the bios settings first before you reset them. Some motherboard bios' disable the usb keyboard option when you change the settings. Then you'll need a spare ps2 keyboard to enter the bios to enable the usb setting.
m
l
December 30, 2009 1:10:37 AM

o1die said:
With the system off, remove the round motherboard battery for a few seconds, then press it back in. You can pry the clip with a small screwdriver to pop it out. If you have some virus on your system, it's best to format first and delete the drive partition before installing windows. But try resetting the bios first. One word of caution, if you use a usb keyboard, be sure to check the bios settings first before you reset them. Some motherboard bios' disable the usb keyboard option when you change the settings. Then you'll need a spare ps2 keyboard to enter the bios to enable the usb setting.

Sir,
I am done this but nothing happen better plz tell me other suggestion
m
l
June 13, 2010 11:27:35 AM

I and had just had this problem yesterday and posted this on a MS forum. After searching the Intel motherboard site, I found that they use a non-standard way to reset the BIOS. The BIOS jumper is usually in locations 1-2, but to reset (if hanging), you move to pins 2-3 and start the machine. It goes into the BIOS apparently with safe settings. Intel also says that the BIOS can be recovered if it has been set (previously saved?) and the BIOS jumper is completely removed and the machine booted.

Hope this helps.

Chas
m
l
!