Closed Solved

I7-2600k - OC behavior

Ok I have a i7-2600k and i used the Asus Suite to auto-tune it to 4.4Ghz. It never really went over 35c, and average idle was 31c. i started lookin around at peoples over-clocks, and tutorials e.t.c. I then tried to over-clock it myself, i set it to 4.6 Ghz and saw no change it wouldnt even read as a 4.6ghz, usually just 4436 which is what i read previously with the auto-tune. I then tried bumping to 4.8 Ghz. again i saw no change. I then went back to try and switch it back to 4.4ghz and my pc decided it didn't wanna load at all without some tinkering. Now that I've used Asus auto-tune again it set it to 4.4ghz, yet my bio's still reads 46 for multiplier and my idle temps are 10-15 c higher. Sorry for my lack of knowledge here. Anyone have a clue what happened, or is this normal.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 2600k behavior
  1. Best answer
    kjriot said:
    Ok I have a i7-2600k and i used the Asus Suite to auto-tune it to 4.4Ghz. It never really went over 35c, and average idle was 31c. i started lookin around at peoples over-clocks, and tutorials e.t.c. I then tried to over-clock it myself, i set it to 4.6 Ghz and saw no change it wouldnt even read as a 4.6ghz, usually just 4436 which is what i read previously with the auto-tune. I then tried bumping to 4.8 Ghz. again i saw no change. I then went back to try and switch it back to 4.4ghz and my pc decided it didn't wanna load at all without some tinkering. Now that I've used Asus auto-tune again it set it to 4.4ghz, yet my bio's still reads 46 for multiplier and my idle temps are 10-15 c higher. Sorry for my lack of knowledge here. Anyone have a clue what happened, or is this normal.

Reset CMOS and start the overclocking procedure again.

Cain.
  2. I'm really a novice at PC's my best comprhension is building them. and a bit of GPU over-clocking, what exactly do you mean by that?
  3. kjriot said:
    I'm really a novice at PC's my best comprhension is building them. and a bit of GPU over-clocking, what exactly do you mean by that?

I would recommend you reset the CMOS Jumper, it's a little jumper that you move from the default position of 1-2 and place it on 2-3 for 5 - 10 seconds before putting it back it it's default location of 1-2. This resets the bios back to it's stock parameters. This can be found in the motherboard manual however.

Reply when this is done.
  4. Best answer selected by kjriot.
  5. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Asus Intel i7 Overclocking