Sign in with
Your question
Closed

I7-2600k - OC behavior

Last response: in Overclocking
January 17, 2012 6:33:15 PM

Ok I have a i7-2600k and i used the Asus Suite to auto-tune it to 4.4Ghz. It never really went over 35c, and average idle was 31c. i started lookin around at peoples over-clocks, and tutorials e.t.c. I then tried to over-clock it myself, i set it to 4.6 Ghz and saw no change it wouldnt even read as a 4.6ghz, usually just 4436 which is what i read previously with the auto-tune. I then tried bumping to 4.8 Ghz. again i saw no change. I then went back to try and switch it back to 4.4ghz and my pc decided it didn't wanna load at all without some tinkering. Now that I've used Asus auto-tune again it set it to 4.4ghz, yet my bio's still reads 46 for multiplier and my idle temps are 10-15 c higher. Sorry for my lack of knowledge here. Anyone have a clue what happened, or is this normal.

More about : 2600k behavior

Best solution

January 17, 2012 6:46:06 PM

kjriot said:
Ok I have a i7-2600k and i used the Asus Suite to auto-tune it to 4.4Ghz. It never really went over 35c, and average idle was 31c. i started lookin around at peoples over-clocks, and tutorials e.t.c. I then tried to over-clock it myself, i set it to 4.6 Ghz and saw no change it wouldnt even read as a 4.6ghz, usually just 4436 which is what i read previously with the auto-tune. I then tried bumping to 4.8 Ghz. again i saw no change. I then went back to try and switch it back to 4.4ghz and my pc decided it didn't wanna load at all without some tinkering. Now that I've used Asus auto-tune again it set it to 4.4ghz, yet my bio's still reads 46 for multiplier and my idle temps are 10-15 c higher. Sorry for my lack of knowledge here. Anyone have a clue what happened, or is this normal.

Reset CMOS and start the overclocking procedure again.

Cain.
January 17, 2012 6:47:25 PM

I'm really a novice at PC's my best comprhension is building them. and a bit of GPU over-clocking, what exactly do you mean by that?
Score
Related resources
January 17, 2012 6:52:50 PM

kjriot said:
I'm really a novice at PC's my best comprhension is building them. and a bit of GPU over-clocking, what exactly do you mean by that?

I would recommend you reset the CMOS Jumper, it's a little jumper that you move from the default position of 1-2 and place it on 2-3 for 5 - 10 seconds before putting it back it it's default location of 1-2. This resets the bios back to it's stock parameters. This can be found in the motherboard manual however.

Reply when this is done.
Score
January 24, 2012 7:59:00 PM

Best answer selected by kjriot.
Score
a b à CPUs
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b K Overclocking
January 24, 2012 8:34:26 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!