When a partition is created while installing xp,it showing as new(Raw) format. s

when i remove the partitions they are not displaying as single volume. when i create a partition it appearing as New(Raw). when i select the partition and click on Install it says unable to install on this format.
Currently no OS running on the computer
5 answers Last reply
More about when partition created installing showing format
  1. nagarjun64 said:
    when i remove the partitions they are not displaying as single volume. when i create a partition it appearing as New(Raw). when i select the partition and click on Install it says unable to install on this format.
    Currently no OS running on the computer

format it
  2. i have three partitions c-70gb, d-50gb, e-40gb.
    when we deleted C,D and E, it should create a single partition. But it'snot happening like that. even when you delete the partition they are remaining as individual parts.
    when i select a partition and try to install i'm getting a error like no disk id error.

Always appreciate a genuine try :)
  3. did you use some 3rd party software to create the partitions the first time round

i remember and this is going back some way i must say having some sotware that you used to spit rive space up on the system drive but when it did it it put a hidden 10MB partition between the drive so when you deleated the partitions you could see them split up
  4. what size is the drive in total
  5. drive is 160gb in total. i didn't use any third party software. i have installed linux mint9 before this
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Partition Format Windows XP