Power Connector Socket on Laptop is Loose (Broken)

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
June 3, 2004 5:46:13 AM

I have a generic Laptop (www.netlux.com) and the circular socket for
plugging the AC adapter on my laptop seems to be loose, making it hard to
supply power to the computer. The thing wiggles very freely whenever I plug
the AC adapter into my laptop and I'm afraid one day the whole thing will
fall off. Already, the AC Adapter seems to not be able to supply power to
the laptop due to this loose socket unless I constantly apply pressure
downwards on the plug that goes into my laptop. Is this a commonly fixable
problem or is the only hope to send it back to the manufacturer? (Which
charges horrendously high prices for repair, plus my WARRENTY has been
expired for almost a year.) I have superglue and a soldering iron available
if necessary. Thanks.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 3, 2004 8:04:00 AM

Fringe405 wrote:

> I have a generic Laptop (www.netlux.com) and the circular socket for
> plugging the AC adapter on my laptop seems to be loose, making it hard to
> supply power to the computer. The thing wiggles very freely whenever I plug
> the AC adapter into my laptop and I'm afraid one day the whole thing will
> fall off. Already, the AC Adapter seems to not be able to supply power to
> the laptop due to this loose socket unless I constantly apply pressure
> downwards on the plug that goes into my laptop. Is this a commonly fixable
> problem or is the only hope to send it back to the manufacturer? (Which
> charges horrendously high prices for repair, plus my WARRENTY has been
> expired for almost a year.) I have superglue and a soldering iron available
> if necessary. Thanks.

Hi,
Open it up and resolder the power jack?
Tony
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 3, 2004 3:56:50 PM

VERY carefully, it may be a multi layer PCB

Garf

!