HELP @@@ COMPUTER FREEZE

jahn6

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
Hello, my new PC is having a lot of problems with playing video files, I have tried with different players giving the same results.
It freezes and gives distroted color lines across the screen with a beeeeeeeep sound. It plays games at max settings without a problem, always with playing video files. (I have tried different files too).

I ran memtest, which ran for30 minutes no problem, cpu temp is around 40 and 1.4v. Reset the bios too, installed the latetst drivers for 5770. It also freezes everytime on prime95 on stock settings. I am using an old hard drive, but I did a format and reinstall through the windows cd. Using windows 7 64 bit 7600. Could it be the version of this windows causing this problem??
I was using this with my old system and had no problems....Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Asus M4A79XTD EVO
Phenom II X4 965 BE
4 Gig OCZ DDR3 Ram
Sapphire HD 5770 1Gig
600 W psu.
Windows 7 64 bit build 7600.

Though likely unrelated, it looks to me like you have a keyboard error.
Your caps lock appears to be stuck, and your enter key must activating multiple times when you hit it causing you to post the same thing over and over and over and over.

I would go buy a new keyboard to start with so these very, very embarrassing types of issues won't happen.

The beep could be an overheat warning from your motherboard. Have you checked to make sure your CPU cooler is installed correctly, and working correctly? How about the GPU, do you have good case ventilation?

Have you tried different codecs?

MemTest should be run longer than 30 minutes. Typically, the best MemTest results are from 10-12 hours of the tests running. Also know that you don't have to run this program for 10-12 hours to know your RAM is bad. Any errors at any point suggest the RAM is bad and should be replaced.

If your computer freezes while running P95, chances are that something is overheating, or your RAM is bad. Freezing is generally a RAM problem. When P95 is running, your CPU has 100% load, but your RAM may not be responding. Run MemTest overnight to see if there are any errors.

I don't think the problem lies in the Windows installation, but it is possible.

What exactly was your old build?