Sign in with
Your question

New builder need help

Last response: in Systems
October 8, 2009 10:53:54 PM

I am a new builder and I'm going to build a PC for my uncle and I know how to build it but I'm not sure about the software. What do I install after I'm done with the build and how do I do it?

More about : builder

October 8, 2009 11:06:01 PM

OK for your uncle means windows.

I would install windows, openoffice, firefox, flash, java, and acrobat reader.

m
l
Related resources
October 8, 2009 11:28:28 PM

1) Install Windows OS by turning on your PC, hit the "del" key to enter into your BIOS. Search your BIOS for boot sequence and have it set to boot from DVD first. Save your BIOS
2) Install your OS disk into the DVD, boot your PC and follow through the on screen prompts untill it is completed installed.
3) Install your board, sound & video card drivers.
4) Install Apps and Games as you require.

Once built, I recommend running Prime95 to ensure your system is stable from heat or any other possible errors. Memtest86 is another good program to test the stability of your RAM.
m
l
October 9, 2009 12:04:03 AM

tecmo34 said:
1) Install Windows OS by turning on your PC, hit the "del" key to enter into your BIOS. Search your BIOS for boot sequence and have it set to boot from DVD first. Save your BIOS
2) Install your OS disk into the DVD, boot your PC and follow through the on screen prompts untill it is completed installed.
3) Install your board, sound & video card drivers.
4) Install Apps and Games as you require.

Once built, I recommend running Prime95 to ensure your system is stable from heat or any other possible errors. Memtest86 is another good program to test the stability of your RAM.

Tecmo - are those free tools? I'd like to do that with my newly built system after I install 7 tonight. Will they run on 7 just fine?
m
l
October 9, 2009 12:18:20 AM

Yes... These programs are free to download!
m
l
!