Just got the strategy guide and game from the postie.

BTW if you do the survey when registering you get a very useful cheat for
adding funds to a family in the neighbourhood view!

Skeats

"Fizziwig2" <atthebackofthenorthwind@kingdomcom.co.uk> wrote in message
> Just got the strategy guide and game from the postie.
>
> BTW if you do the survey when registering you get a very useful cheat
> for adding funds to a family in the neighbourhood view!
>
> Skeats

Is this the cheat or hint you're talking about?

familyfunds FAMILY NAME +# - for example, familyfunds Caliente +1000 -to
give them that extra $1000 they need to buy the lot they want

deene

gonna share the cheat? (I think you get a cheat for registering too but I
haven't yet - only got the game late last night)

Kelly Bee
"Fizziwig2" <atthebackofthenorthwind@kingdomcom.co.uk> wrote in message
> Just got the strategy guide and game from the postie.
>
> BTW if you do the survey when registering you get a very useful cheat for
> adding funds to a family in the neighbourhood view!
>
> Skeats

Well, I've just installed it and registered, did the survey and got just
one hint through email. It told me marrying the downtowners was better
than most NPC's, they have better jobs, more money & more in their
inventory. That's it. I thought I would get TWO hints or cheats. I did
the registration PLUS survey which took up my good ole time. LOL

deene

deene wrote:
> familyfunds FAMILY NAME +# - for example, familyfunds Caliente +1000
> -to give them that extra $1000 they need to buy the lot they want

How does that work if 2 familys have the same name? Do they both get more
money?

"Will Bradshaw" <spam@beasolutions.com> wrote in message
> deene wrote:
>> familyfunds FAMILY NAME +# - for example, familyfunds Caliente +1000
>> -to give them that extra $1000 they need to buy the lot they want
>

> How does that work if 2 familys have the same name? Do they both get
> more money?

I think you click on their house while in the neighborhood view, then...

Fortunate Families:
While in the neighborhood view, type familyfunds <Name of family>
<Amount> in the cheat window, and the specified amount of Simoleons is
added to the family's funds.

I finally got this hint through email.

deene

Will Bradshaw wrote:
> deene wrote:
>
>>familyfunds FAMILY NAME +# - for example, familyfunds Caliente +1000
>>-to give them that extra $1000 they need to buy the lot they want
>

> How does that work if 2 familys have the same name? Do they both get more
> money?

Good question! Those Broke boys are pretty danged prolific in my game. LOL

Jeanie

thanks for posting the hints...I would have replied sooner but was busy
playing the game...I just moved a newly created Sim into Downtown and have
been dating up a storm. Her turn ons are black hair and vampires...haven't
seen a vampire yet but haven't been to any clubs at night and that's
probably where I'll find them.

Kelly Bee

"Jeanie" <taureanmoon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Will Bradshaw wrote:
>> deene wrote:
>>
>>>familyfunds FAMILY NAME +# - for example, familyfunds Caliente +1000
>>>-to give them that extra $1000 they need to buy the lot they want
>>

>> How does that work if 2 familys have the same name? Do they both get
>> more money?
> Good question! Those Broke boys are pretty danged prolific in my game.
> LOL
>
> Jeanie

I got two:

For Better or for Worse:

Downtownies bring more to a marriage than other NPCs. They have better jobs,
more money, and more items in their inventory.

Fortunate Families:

While in the neighborhood view, type familyfunds <Name of family> <Amount>
in the cheat window, and the specified amount of Simoleons is added to the
family's funds.

Best wishes
maxon