xp explorer and taskbar problems

pike

Splendid
Nov 10, 2001

Explorer:

For some reason explorer doesn't remember the
thumbnailview of some folders, altough "remember folder
settings" in tools, options, view is on.
Also when I set set explorer to diplay the statusbar, it
wil disapear after browsing to another folder.

Taskbar:

My system XPpro Sp2 doesn't remember the position of the
taskbar. I want it on the side, and even lock it, but
every reboot the taskbar will apear on the bottom again.
Altough i'm logged in as admin.

It's a real pest to work around these problems so any
help or suggestion is greatly apreciated.