Sign in with
Your question

Overclocking Intel Core2 Duo E6300

Last response: in Overclocking
January 19, 2012 1:10:31 AM

Hi,

I'm just about to try to overclock my E6300 Conroe (nothing intense, just to boost its performance), and I was curious if anyone had some tips on what voltages/settings to use for a OC up to about 2.2 GHz?

My Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 (Conroe) @ 1.86 GHz
3 x 1 GB DDR2 @ 667 MHz
ATI Radeon HD 5450
Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit
January 19, 2012 1:17:15 AM

Forgot to add the mobo:

Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 (rev. 1.0)
January 31, 2012 10:35:05 AM

I'm pretty new to OC but I would say just set your Voltage to the standard measurment you can find in your BIOS raise you FSB with 20Mhz boot your system run a intel burn test + core temperature (terminate intel burn if they reach 70°C) and if its stable reboot and raise the FSB again by 20Mhz. If you got some solid Ram memory thats good at overclocking like Dominator from Corsair you can probably up that voltage to 2-2.18Volt. Using this method there isnt much that can happen except the system beeing not stable or CPU temps that are to high (if you raise the FSB to high) which can be solved by undoing the chances to the FSB speed.

Also try to find some overclock guides to for a similar CPU (even a higher E-serie is better than nothing) with a simular motherboard(from the same serie). Look for a guide with stock cooling if you dont have a special cooler installed. There are probably some option you'll need to turn off like CPU/PCI spread, MAX CPUID, Intel Virtualtech,... I have an Asus motherboard so I'm not sure they are the same.

Hope this helps a bit I'm far from a OC expert but I doubt there is anything wrong with what I said. The voltage you shouldn't *** with to my knowlledge are the CPU PLL and Southbridge (SB). I overclocked my E6550 from 2.33 to 3Ghz (with special cooler) and the only voltage I increased slightly (as far as I remember) where the Northbridge volt and the FSB termination volt between 0.2-0.4 volt and my RAM memory volt by 0.2 Volt.

PS: If you don't have a special CPU cooler I would buy one.

!