Quick and Easy Motherboard Questions

1. Can DDR2 800 ram work on a DDR2 1066 mobo? i.e. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813153172

2. How much of a difference am I going to see upgrading from a mobo with FSB of 1000MHz Hyper Transport (2000 MT/s) to a FSB of 2600MHz Hyper Transport (5200 MT/s)?

3. Is it worth spending $40 - $70 to go from 4GB DDR2 Single-Channel (my mobo isn't working in dual-channel mode right now) to 4GB DDR2 Dual-Channel and also have the increase in FSB mentioned above?
4 answers Last reply
More about quick easy motherboard questions
  1. 1. yes
    2. very small difference
    3. How do you know it doesn't work in dual channel? Is this mentioned in the board specs? The performance difference is only 5-7%, so you decide.
  2. 1. no that board doesn't support 800
    2. no sure but i would think so
    3. probably not worth $55, what makes you think it's not in dual channel now
  3. o1die said:
    1. yes
    2. very small difference
    3. How do you know it doesn't work in dual channel? Is this mentioned in the board specs? The performance difference is only 5-7%, so you decide.

+1, and you need OC the RAM for the 1066MHz.
  4. The motherboard doesn't boot when I have the 2 ram sticks next to each other. It only boots when the ram sticks are in slot 1 and 3, and CPU-Z tells me that they are running single-channel when they in this configuration.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards DDR2 Dual Channel Product