UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME (NO CD) WinXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Investdeluxe

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
I was using my computer the other day when my house suddenly lost power so I immediately turned the switch off on my power supply so that my computer would be fine when the power goes back on and when the power went back on I turned it back on and it just goes to a blue screen that says "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME" .. I have never had this problem before and have been using this computer for years. I already disabled auto restart on system failure so that I could read the message and post it here. I have a lot of data on my computer that I really do not want to lose and I do not have a windows cd nor do I have a friend who has one or who has a computer with a burner that I can use to burn a data dvd to fix my computer. There must be something I can do to get my computer working?? It's not even working in safe mode. I can't get a windows cd from the store until wednesday or thursday and it's very important that I have my computer from Friday and Saturday.. Open to all suggestions - Thanks

Solution

I suppose I was stupid enough to think you were posting from another machine and it would have...

If running Checkdisk doen't help, downoad a Linux OS that can run as a LiveCD. Linux can usually mount a volume that Windows cannot and if it doesn't help fix the problem, it will at least give you acccess to your data so you can rescue them.

While you're in there, it sometimes helps to pop in a fresh copy of ntfs.sys which may have fallen over when the power cut off.

Ubuntu and others will do the trick but my personal favourite is PCLinuxOS -free of charge from http://www.pclinuxos.com.

Investdeluxe

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012

How am I supposed to download something on a COMPUTER THAT DOESN'T WORK AND HAS A BSOD ON STARTUP. How am I supposed to run chkdsk from cmd on a COMPUTER THAT DOESN'T WORK AND HAS A BSOD ON STARTUP

Investdeluxe

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012

How the hell am I supposed to download a Linux OS on a ******* computer that just gets a BSOD on startup?? I already said there is no way I can burn a dvd and I already said I have no cd for windows.......... OH wait I'll just turn on my computer that doesn't start up, I will start it up, and then I will download that and mount it to my drive - and MAYBE then I will be able to save my files! If I could get in my computer then I wouldn't have this problem in the first place.. Are you guys really ******* retarded, wasting my time or did you just not read my thread where I said that there is no way for me to burn anything on a dvd

sonexpc

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012

You need to use another system to do it . and make the CD/DVD to use in this system..

You need to set yoru system bootable in CD ... and it will run from there w/o Blue Screen

I suppose I was stupid enough to think you were posting from another machine and it would have normal capabilities but the suggestion remains a good one - just buy a computer magazine with a free Linux CD on the cover.

I suspect being so retarded, I wouldn't have thought of taking the drive out and slaving it to another system or taking they optical burner out of the dud and using it in the other machine but since you're incapable of taking advice and thinking it through, your best bet is to call in a professional to do it all for you.

Solution

Investdeluxe

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012

Your a total ******* idiot and you have no brain. THERE IS NO OTHER COMPUTER you ******* idiot. I am on my friends laptop and there is no dvd burner and my desktop doesn't have one either you ******* tool

My brain got me plenty of best answers over the 5000 odd posts I've put on here and several thousand on other forums as well. I don't have to ask a stupid question in circumstances where the situation is totally irretrievable but I can point out what needs to be in place for a solution to be found.

If you can't understand the answers, stop asking the questions. Your masked foul language has just got your post reported. You got yourself into this mess - darned well find your own way out.

Calm down Investdeluxe'

You come here asking for the help, claiming "Open to all suggestions" and when you get the answers, the correct answers, you start insulting the very people that helped you.

We can see your frustration when you are unable to cope with your problem, but why attack others? Just follow the instructions given or don't waste anyone's time.

A Caveman could follow these instructions.
non.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.