AMD CPU 3 way SLI motherboard with 4 or PCIE 16 slots

MMGEORGE62

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
Hi, I’m looking for a new motherboard I need it to be 3 way SLI capable have 4 or more PCIE 16 expansion slots accept a minimum of 16GB of RAM and ready for the new AMD 6 core CPU, does anyone know if there is such a motherboard?.

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

If you want a 3-Way SLI or 4-Way SLI or Crossfire at x16, sorry but, none mobo support that.

Now for the option that Henry Chonski says, sorry, but for your needs don't work too. That mobo is chipset AMD and you want a 3-Way or 4-Way SLI, for SLI you need a mobo with chipset nVidia that aren't good.

My advice? Today the best option for GPU is ATI, so, this is a good mobo, that meets with your requirements.

Now, if you still want the SLI, you need a mobo with chipset nVidia or Intel, nVidia chipset aren't good with AMD processors, so, the way for SLI is Intel. Now the problem, Intel don't support AMD processors (don't ask why).

MMGEORGE62

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
Thanks, however i currently have the Asus M3N-HT Deluxe motherboard which i find ok, and 3 Nvidia GTX 280 GPU's which i want to reuse on a new AMD CPU SLI motherboard.

Henry Chinaski

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010

That mobo only has 2xPCIex16. And it's a much worse choice than the Crosshair one. Were you kidding?

MMGEORGE62

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010

No I am not kidding!!!!!!. i have 2 GTX 280's on my Asus M3N-HT Deluxe which has 3 PCI E x16 slots, I have now got a third GTX20 which isn't installed on the M3N-HT board as I also have a sound card and a plusdeck2 card which is restricting the space available on the board so I want a new one with 4 PCI E x16 slots as that will provide more space, I want to stick with AMD for a CPU and want to be able to run the 6 core CPU when it comes out. Oh and don't want to go ATI.