I7 930 & i7 980X 6-Core

CPU-Z is already updated to show these CPU's, expect them to come out soon.
11 answers Last reply
More about 980x core
  1. 980x is meaningless to me as I am too poor to get one. ;p
  2. i5 750 cuts the butter and makes the bed for me ;)

    i7 930 is supposed to be a successor to 920? sorry I am not keeping up with this fast pacing technology.
  3. HansVonOhain said:
    i5 750 cuts the butter and makes the bed for me ;)

    i7 930 is supposed to be a successor to 920? sorry I am not keeping up with this fast pacing technology.


    Same here. It's money burning!
  4. Yes, as the i7 950 did to the 940 & the 975 to the 965.
  5. I don't see why the i7 930 is still 130w TDP... >_<
  6. Bluescreendeath said:
    I don't see why the i7 930 is still 130w TDP... >_<


    Because it's still a 45nm D0 stepping that's why - I've not read anything to suggest that it's going to be a 32nm chip
  7. Bluescreendeath said:
    I don't see why the i7 930 is still 130w TDP... >_<


    Because Intel ALWAYS over rates their TDP. Remember when the QX9650 came out with a 130w TDP but barely hit 95w TDP when OCed to 3.6GHz? I think it took something like 4.2GHz for a QX9650 to hit 130w TDP.
  8. jimmysmitty said:
    Because Intel ALWAYS over rates their TDP. Remember when the QX9650 came out with a 130w TDP but barely hit 95w TDP when OCed to 3.6GHz? I think it took something like 4.2GHz for a QX9650 to hit 130w TDP.


    In that case, what is the true TDP of the i7 920? What about when the 920 is OCed to 4gz?
  9. Im' not sure, but, the i9 is the 6-core not the i7
  10. saint19 said:
    Im' not sure, but, the i9 is the 6-core not the i7


    No such thing as an i9 any more - what we all knew as the i9 hex-core Gulftown has been officially named i7 980X.

    Who know what "i9" will now refer to.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Core Intel i7