Sign in with
Your question

Asus P5Q SE motherboard - best memory?

Last response: in Motherboards
March 29, 2010 5:31:37 PM

I am currently using Corsair CM2x1024-6400 memory with my Asus P5Q SE board. Despite various tweaks I am just unable to get the system 100% stable with this memory. It will be ok for a week and then all of a sudden hang / refuse to boot. I am going to try another brand of memory and wondered if anyone could recommend memory that they have working 100% stable with this board? Ideally I am looking for something that I could over clock in the future as i want to take my CPU to around 4ghz. I currently have an Intel core 2 Duo running at 3.33ghz.

If anyone could suggest any modules I would be really grateful since I have read on forums that even the official supported memory range for the Asus P5Q SE board does not always work 100%.

March 30, 2010 7:36:12 PM

marada said:
I am currently using Corsair CM2x1024-6400 memory with my Asus P5Q SE board. Despite various tweaks I am just unable to get the system 100% stable with this memory. It will be ok for a week and then all of a sudden hang / refuse to boot. I am going to try another brand of memory and wondered if anyone could recommend memory that they have working 100% stable with this board? Ideally I am looking for something that I could over clock in the future as i want to take my CPU to around 4ghz. I currently have an Intel core 2 Duo running at 3.33ghz.

If anyone could suggest any modules I would be really grateful since I have read on forums that even the official supported memory range for the Asus P5Q SE board does not always work 100%.

any ideas?
!