  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
September 15, 2005 11:42:56 PM

The matchmaker is idiotic... I thought they created a NEW perfect
match. But they just take one of the existing NPCs. ANY NPC. Which
means that if you delete all the premade characters your sim will have
nobody to date.... and when the heck exactly are more downtownies
supposed to respawn!? My game only respawned TWO! So downtown is
virtually deserted lol...
--

"I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
such perverted things in a children's game!"

More about : stupid matchmaker

Anonymous
September 15, 2005 11:42:57 PM

My first Pleasure sim last night, moved in to a house, and when the
matchmaker dropped by (why oh why does she have to show up at every lot
the first time you play that lot?), wanted to go on a date (the only
person in the welcoming committee she had chemistry with was the very
married-with-children Dustin Pleasant and I didn't really want her
going on a date with him). Sadly she only had 468 simoleons so
couldn't really afford it.

Matchmaker wasn't happy with 468 (what is the maximum one can spend on
matchmaking?) so provided poor Sharon Singleton with Prof. Weldon Go!

(I looked at his wants in the game and found that pretty quickly he
developed a want to marry Sharon!)

~*~
vecki
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 3:55:34 AM

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> The matchmaker is idiotic... I thought they created a NEW perfect
> match. But they just take one of the existing NPCs. ANY NPC. Which
> means that if you delete all the premade characters your sim will
> have nobody to date.... and when the heck exactly are more
> downtownies supposed to respawn!? My game only respawned TWO! So
> downtown is virtually deserted lol... --

I had the same problem when i used the delete all characters cheat. I
noticed after a while there started to be more townies though,
especially when i went to the hub. :p  Anyways, I also found a problem
with the matchmaker, first time I gave her 5000 simoleons and the
matched up with a fairly decent date, but the date never showed on the
relationship panel of my sim. She's now engaged to the dude, but can't
call him, and shows no relationship with him at all on the panel. VERY
weird.

I tried the matchmaker again, and this time she paired her up with an
NPC cook from one of the lots, and he shows in the relationship panel.
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 6:10:19 AM

On 15 Sep 2005 16:46:49 -0700, "vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Matchmaker wasn't happy with 468 (what is the maximum one can spend on
>matchmaking?) so provided poor Sharon Singleton with Prof. Weldon Go!

5000... for 468 you'll get a disasterous date...
--

!