Fans and Temps problems

douglejg

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2009
I might have a problem with my CPU fan not spooling up to the right RPM's to cool properly. Speedfan reported a core temp of 63 C at full load (running prime 95 for 10+ minuets)

My main board has a monitering program as well and it gave me an alert as i hit the 63 degree mark but the Fan speed was only 1944 RPM. Why is my fan not increasing its speed. I have a ASUS board and it has q-fan witch i heard may cause this problem. I disabled it but there is no change. I also set the fan "profile" to its Performance setting. I have never seen the fan speed go over 2000 RPM and that concerns me a bit. Speed fan cannot control the fan speed for the Processor at all.

I used to have a P4 Prescott over clocked quite a bit so if i even thought of running prime 95 the fans would spool up in preparation. I might just be overreacting but i was wondering if i do indeed have a problem. If so i still have the Way larger P4 cooler i could put on and see if it changes.

I am over clocking but have never had any problems with instability Runs Prime like a champ

My Rig:

Board: ASUS P5KPL-CM
Proc: Intel E7400 (2.80GHz) Over clocked to 3.4GHz
Graphics: GeForce 8500GT
RAM: 4 GB DDR2 SDRAM
HD: WD 300G @ WD 500G
I have 2 Case fans with adjustable controllers and am using the stock CPU cooler.

G

Whats the rated speed on the fan itself? Also it would be nice to know what has it been running like (temp wise) before this happened or has this been a long term problem. It might be something simple like a Bios setting out of whack or some dust in your cooler.

douglejg

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2009
I'm not real sure on the rated speed of the fan but, i assumed it would be higher than 2000 RPM.

It has been doing this scene i built the rig last week, but now that i over clocked it the temps have rose.

There is no dust in the heat sink and fan. I checked the bios again and cant find a feature to increase the fan speed. except for a "q-fan" control. I have tried the q fan setting on optimal and off I still cant get the fan to spin over 2000 rpm