SATA Hard Drive Not Detected in BIOS

Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • SATA
  • BIOS
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
August 18, 2011 1:27:16 PM

I have a SATA HDD that has been in my pc (master) and has been working fine. I want to put this HDD into my other pc so I can get the data off it and use it as a slave drive. When I plug it in it doesn't pick up in the BIOS or anything (but works perfectly in my old pc). I have no idea what to do because I really need to get my stuff off it and use it in my new pc. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to change any jumper settings considering it's a SATA drive and is just supposed to pick up.

More about : sata hard drive detected bios

a c 545 G Storage
August 18, 2011 7:00:18 PM

Clear the cmos of your motherboard; that might enable it to detect the drive.
m
l
August 18, 2011 10:21:44 PM

LadyLauren said:
I have a SATA HDD that has been in my pc (master) and has been working fine. I want to put this HDD into my other pc so I can get the data off it and use it as a slave drive. When I plug it in it doesn't pick up in the BIOS or anything (but works perfectly in my old pc). I have no idea what to do because I really need to get my stuff off it and use it in my new pc. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to change any jumper settings considering it's a SATA drive and is just supposed to pick up.

SORTED!
Took out my original (win 7) drive and only put in the addittional drive (win vista) and let it run to make sure it worked. Then kept it in SATA 0 port, and put the original drive in SATA 1. Loaded again. This time it picked up in the BIOS and I set SATA 1 to always be on. Swapped then back to my original configuration and voila! It works. Thanks for the suggesttion though Derek, I would've tried that next.
m
l
!