Overclocking & EasyTune6

swtrader

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2010
I'm overclocking my GA-X58A-UD3R and all is going well. I've run into something that I'm not sure about. I'm settting all my values in the BIOS but noticed that some seem different in Tune6 when I pull it up. Specifically the CPU Vcore, QPI/vtt Voltage & DRAM voltage. They are TARGET and POWER ON values, why are these different did it ignore my values? Anything to be concerned about?

Tune6.jpg

bilbat

Splendid
I wouldn't worry too much about it - cross check your work with CPU-Z and CPU-Tweaker; you have the right idea about doing your OC in the BIOS and not trusting it to EasyTune! ET has always been a 'semi-reliable, semi-competent, mostly buggy POC - but, at least, in its last couple iterations, it's not embarassing-looking; used to look like the plastic dashboard off an eight dollar WalMart kiddy tricycle!! [:bilbat:9]

mc300

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2010

Hello, I have the same system as you just got it 2 days ago. I am trying to load ET6 and keep getting:
"error #" ox80040707
Description:DLL function call crashed
CheckFK.search.BioSStv
setup will terminate

I got the ET6 from Gigabyte web site and should be working for Window 7.

Same here i've tried to install this software twice once fom my mobo cd and another time from the website.
Never worked and bsod and crashed my system.
A manual set-up is best anyways more hands on with your bios.
Avoid Easytune 6!