Order self and favourite dishes?

Weren't sims supposed to let their date/friends order meals for
themselves, as well as have favourite dishes for themselves? I've seen
no evidence of any such thing...
--

"I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
such perverted things in a children's game!"

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 21:57:12 +0200, Guardian Pegasus
<nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote:

>Weren't sims supposed to let their date/friends order meals for
>themselves, as well as have favourite dishes for themselves? I've seen
>no evidence of any such thing...

Never mind, I saw the bubbles this time hehe
--

Guardian Pegasus wrote:

> Never mind, I saw the bubbles this time hehe

I'm just having trouble figuring out what some of
those thought bubbles are supposed to be. Maybe
it's just my bad eyesight...gotta get the Prima
guide tonight.

Laura

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 12:45:02 GMT, Laura Castellano
<laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I'm just having trouble figuring out what some of
>those thought bubbles are supposed to be. Maybe
>it's just my bad eyesight...gotta get the Prima
>guide tonight.

I keep missing them too :-\
--

"I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
such perverted things in a children's game!"
-Imaginary press conference in response to Jack Thompson

I've had trouble figuring it out, but I found by ordering 'Chef's
choice' or whatever it is, they seem to get what they have in their
thought bubbles - only thing is, I don't know what they're having!

I may break down and get the Prima Guide as well :/

~*~
vecki

vecki wrote in alt.games.the-sims:

> I've had trouble figuring it out, but I found by ordering 'Chef's
> choice' or whatever it is, they seem to get what they have in their
> thought bubbles - only thing is, I don't know what they're having!

If you want to let your friends/date order for themselves, the way to
do it is this: first order for yourself, then choose "Done ordering"
from the pie menu on the waitersim. When you do that, everybody else at
the table orders autonomously, the waitersim scribbles merrily and then
returns with food for everybody.

(You still don't know what they're having unless you know what the food
looks like, but hey...)

In the same way you can order for yourself and one or two others and
then choose "Done ordering" to let the remaining people in the group
order for themselves.

--
Anna Mazzoldi <http://aynathie.livejournal.com/>

Enologay (sm):
Sommelier omosessuale, sostenitore
dei test nucleari

Guardian said:
"Ooooh... when you're seated, a thought bubble appears over everyone's
head with a picture of what their favourite is."

I say:

Yeah, trouble is most of the time I can't tell what their favourite
food is! It's pretty easy if it's one of the pre-NL foods but
otherwise... :/

~*~
vecki

On 19 Sep 2005 14:45:40 GMT, "Anna Mazzoldi" <AnnaUsenet@iol.ie>
wrote:

>If you want to let your friends/date order for themselves, the way to
>do it is this: first order for yourself, then choose "Done ordering"
>from the pie menu on the waitersim. When you do that, everybody else at
>the table orders autonomously, the waitersim scribbles merrily and then
>returns with food for everybody.
>
>(You still don't know what they're having unless you know what the food
>looks like, but hey...)
>
>In the same way you can order for yourself and one or two others and
>then choose "Done ordering" to let the remaining people in the group
>order for themselves.

Ooooh... when you're seated, a thought bubble appears over everyone's
head with a picture of what their favourite is. If you order for them
you get a friendship and date/outing boost as well, although much too
small IMO.
--

"About family.... don't try it with vampires.
It's a pain in the neck! Get it!? Neck!?

On 19 Sep 2005 18:49:30 -0700, "vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Yeah, trouble is most of the time I can't tell what their favourite
>food is! It's pretty easy if it's one of the pre-NL foods but
>otherwise... :/

Put it on pause when you order.