Laptop Case Scuff Removal?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
June 3, 2004 12:09:09 PM

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew how to buff out scuff marks on laptop
cases. Mine is a pretty hard, smooth plastic, so I would think
there's a way. Does anyone have any tips/ideas to scuff out some
light scuff marks on the top of a laptop? thanks.

-Brandon
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 3, 2004 7:38:27 PM

In my experience (with all sorts of "plastic-y" equipment), it's usually
a losing proposition.

Regardless of the method you use, you usually end up with a "dull"
spot--which won't necessarily look better than the original blemish.

Your best bet would be to get an unblemished replacement part.

My 2ยข.

bramei wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anyone knew how to buff out scuff marks on laptop
> cases. Mine is a pretty hard, smooth plastic, so I would think
> there's a way. Does anyone have any tips/ideas to scuff out some
> light scuff marks on the top of a laptop? thanks.
>
> -Brandon
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 4, 2004 6:13:25 PM

bramei wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anyone knew how to buff out scuff marks on laptop
> cases. Mine is a pretty hard, smooth plastic, so I would think
> there's a way. Does anyone have any tips/ideas to scuff out some
> light scuff marks on the top of a laptop? thanks.

WTF is that stuff called...........???
Well very very fine "wet and dry"(abrasive paper) maybe to begin with IF
the case is smooth but there's a spray that's good for replenishing PVC
surfaces and I can't remember what it's called...........??????
This stuff-
http://www.armorall.com/prodcat/pages/protectant_2.2.ht...
ARMOR ALL ;-)

HTH!!

a b D Laptop
June 18, 2004 3:11:34 PM

Re removing scuff marks, my thinking is *Don't*. Because, the more
valuable the carry case looks as you move in public places like
streets and terminals and whatever, the more it attracts the eye of
someone whose idea of income relies upon *theft*. How about if rather
than remove the scuff, you find ways to scuff it up more, with
assorted streaks and dents to improve the picture? The laptop inside
is just as good as ever and your chances to have it when you want it,
are improved.

If it's a status thing where you work, keep a Nice laptop case under
your desk; reserve the beatup junky thing for the public eye outside.

Cheers -- Martha Adams
!