Remote Assistance SP2 Problem

I have begun testing SP2 on my network and ran across a little problem. I
have found that I am unable to "Office Remote Assistance" to computers after
then have been updated with SP2; the error I get is "The remote server
machine does not exist or is unavailable." I am able to setup a session if
the SP2 computer “requests� remote assistance, but not when it is offered
remote assistance.

It works on SP1 computers, so I know the Remote Assistance settings are
right. My firewall policy allows the Remote Desktop Exception.

Any ideas?

. FROM:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sms/sms2003/techfaq/tfaq08.mspx

Why is my connection failing when I try to use Remote Tools or Remote
Assistance on my client computers running Windows XP SP2 Beta? (Updated
March 31, 2004)
A. Remote assistance sessions initiated from the SMS Administrator
console to a computer running Windows XP SP 2 will fail, although remote
assistance sessions requested by the Windows XP client will succeed. To
enable Remote Assistance to be initiated from the SMS Administrator console,
add both the custom program helpsvc.exe and the custom port TCP 135 to the
list of permitted programs and services in Windows Firewall on the Windows
XP client. Also, Windows Firewall must be configured to permit Remote
Assistance and Remote Desktop. If a user initiates a request for Remote
Assistance from that computer, Windows Firewall will automatically be
configured to permit Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop.

SMS clients running Windows XP SP2 cannot be remotely managed by using
SMS Remote Tools because of the secure default Windows Firewall
configuration on the client. The recommended best practice is to use Remote
Assistance instead of Remote Tools on client computers that support it. To
enable SMS Remote Tools, add the following port for each necessary remote
tool:

Port Function
TCP port 2701
Allows general contact, reboot, and ping

TCP port 2702
Remote Control

TCP port 2703
Chat

TCP port 2704
File Transfer

For more information about ports used by SMS remote control, see
article 256884 in the Microsoft Knowledge Base

For information about how to configure Windows Firewall on Windows XP
SP 2, search for "Windows Firewall" in Help and Support Center.

"sphbecker" <sphbecker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have begun testing SP2 on my network and ran across a little problem. I
> have found that I am unable to "Office Remote Assistance" to computers
> after
> then have been updated with SP2; the error I get is "The remote server
> machine does not exist or is unavailable." I am able to setup a session
> if
> the SP2 computer "requests" remote assistance, but not when it is offered
> remote assistance.
>
> It works on SP1 computers, so I know the Remote Assistance settings are
> right. My firewall policy allows the Remote Desktop Exception.
>
> Any ideas?

Well, I am not using SMS, but I guess the connection type is the same.
Thanks for the help. I will give it a try.