SATA III cant get second drive to work

etdavenport

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
I just recently installed a New 64 GB SSD as my boot drive. My old SATA III 1TB Western Digital Drive will not work in the seconds sata III slot though... I can get my other drive to work in it, but its only a SATA II drive... So basically I can only use one SATA III drive,. This is disappointing. I have tried everything aside from reinstalling with all drive where I would like them and that is not an option. I switched back to IDE mode, tried it that way, tried it with just the 2 drives, everything. Anyone had this problem ans solved it?

Thanks

etdavenport

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
It does, But I do not want it reduced. I want it working as advertised. I started getting BSOD's relating to the drive shortly after this post. The drive is bad. Thankfully it is still under warranty. A few months after I bought it, it made some noises that made me almost return it then, but then they stopped and I let the issue alone. I guess I knew this drive was going to fail sooner than later...

etdavenport

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
got a new ozc vertex today and a RMA WD drive and it still will not work with both drives in Sata III. I have to put the WD drive in sata 2 just to get the system to boot. look s like its time for a new motherboard.