Sign in with
Your question

Stability with a ZM-MFC1 and 5 system fans

Tags:
  • Heatsinks
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
January 20, 2012 7:52:37 PM

Hi guys, so I recently bought my computer from PCCaseGear and I was wondering do I have to power the case fans that are connected to the ZM-MFC1 separably or are they all through the one cord connection?

Also I have the retail overclocked AMD Radeon HD 6870, so it should naturally be hotter than all the other components, not saying I want it to overheat though...

That's why I want to know if I can just power them using the ZM-MFC1 because that way all I need to do is zip tie the cords to the case and get an extended peripheral adapter to reach the ZM-MFC1. But if not the ZM-MFC1 is useless to even use because I will not be regulating the fans as much as I will want them constantly on.

More about : stability mfc1 system fans

January 20, 2012 7:57:16 PM

elijahgamer said:
Hi guys, so I recently bought my computer from PCCaseGear and I was wondering do I have to power the case fans that are connected to the ZM-MFC1 separably or are they all through the one cord connection?

m
l
January 20, 2012 8:22:47 PM

If what you're talking about is a single connector that comes from the top front of your case with all the other wires which looks like it's connected to the case fans, then yes, that one connector will power your fans itself. Fans don't take much power, so one connector is usually enough. If there are separate connectors for each of those 5 fans, then you should still be able to connect the molex 4-pins together and then connect the string to a single 4-pin output from your PSU.
m
l
January 20, 2012 8:30:17 PM

stingstang said:
If what you're talking about is a single connector that comes from the top front of your case with all the other wires which looks like it's connected to the case fans, then yes, that one connector will power your fans itself. Fans don't take much power, so one connector is usually enough. If there are separate connectors for each of those 5 fans, then you should still be able to connect the molex 4-pins together and then connect the string to a single 4-pin output from your PSU.

The connector I am talking about there are plural, there is one for each case fan, there are 2 peripheral connectors plugged into 2 of the case fans, 3 other didn't come with the case but can be installed. These ones I am wondering can be powered by the Zalman ZM-MFC1, front panel is seperate to this and this is an addition that came with the computer when I bought it, I upgraded the motherboard and all components other than the fans, HDD and case of course. So basically what I am wondering is will the Zalman ZM-MFC1: 6-fan Controller power the fans I have connected to it. Or is it just a controller / mediator.
m
l
!