grandpatzer

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
So I recently bought watercooling parts and have recieved and inspected most of it, not tested however.

However it seems the D5 pump is missing the red circle speed switch on top of pump, instead there is a hole and in the hole there is a white square with what looks like a red pointer.

so my hope is that the switch has with time had to been removed and that the speed is adjustable with a long thin screwdriver?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
The speed switch isn't on top of the pump, its on the back like this:

d5c.jpg

Is this what you see?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Looks like the red knob is missing, as you stated. Did you get your gear used or new from a retailer? If it's new, I'd get an RMA on it. It's likely the pump is just fine, but you paid for 100% of the pump...you don't want 99.95% of it. :)

If it's used, you might be stuck with it. Again, as you mentioned, skinny screwdriver should do the trick. Hope that helps...(I didn't know that knob could come off...hmmm...)

grandpatzer

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
well it's used so far Ive inspected everything besides radiators, seems atleas OK from the outside.

oh well I hope it works and is low noise and atleast powerful enough for a cpu and a gpu.