loshba

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
Hey there...

I currently own an Intel DP55WB motherboard. Although its a very basic board, I had to go with it as I was financially down at the time of purchase. But now that I got some extra bucks I was advised to go for a better board as Intels arent usually recommended for the long run. However I was told that Asus or EVGA are quite great models.

Could anyone tell me what mobo I shud go for. the "Asus P7P55D" or the "EVGA P55 FTW"
They are almost the same price in my country, the EVGA being abt $20 dollars more. But i dont mind that, as long as i get a good mobo that last long and is future proof.

Or shud i just stick to the Intel mobo. I aint an avid gamer or anything, just for general gaming and video editing. But i would certainly love a good mobo that wud last longer n that wud allow me future upgrades. cos i seriously dont see the Intel mobo lasting more than 3yrs :D

here are my specs

Intel Core i5-750 @ 2.66ghz
Intel DP55WB mobo
Kingston 4GB DDR3 1333mhz
750GB Seagate Barracuda HDD
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB DDR5 GPU
In Win 750W Commander PSU
In Win Fanqua Gamer Casing
21.5" Samsung LCD

Thanks In advance

abhishekk89

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
i don't think getting a new mobo would make a difference until and unless you are planning to add another graphics card.. so i suggest you stick with the intel board..

its a decent board and will really last for some time no doubt about that... but bear in mind that you can't over-clock the processor with this intel board..

so if over-clocking or dual gpu isn't ur thing stay with the existing board..

if you have extra bucks to spend get urself a ssd... they really make a difference when compared to a new mobo...