Milk Spill on Dell Inspiron 1525

I would like some help on trying to resolve a milk spill on my laptop. It will not turn on now. Any thoughtful suggestions?
7 answers Last reply
More about milk spill dell inspiron 1525
  1. I have seen milk kill more than one laptop. Your best bet is to take it to a reputable shop and have it disassembled and thoroughly cleaned.
  2. EWWW. I have the 1525. not a bad cheapo laptop.

Good luck.
  3. I currently have a dell inspiron in bits after a soup incident. It's not looking good.

If you're not confident taking a laptop to pieces (it still scares the b'jesus out of me!) then take it to a shop as BadTrip said, however Dell laptops tend to be some of the easier to disassemble. google for instructions and you'll probably find something.
  4. if you do it yourself, be sure to have plenty of this.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102649

oh and some sort of mask, this stuff smells terrible.
  5. and go buy some cookies so u can take them with milk....hahahah
  6. Hi, did u try to turn it on after u spilled milk on ur laptop? Because that will kill ur components. If u did try to smell any strange smell, any smell like fused electric item. If didnt try to turn it on ur lucky or could be, take the laptop to a pc shop or let it be untouched for 2 weeks and then turn it on to check.
  7. aim001 said:
    Hi, did u try to turn it on after u spilled milk on ur laptop? Because that will kill ur components. If u did try to smell any strange smell, any smell like fused electric item. If didnt try to turn it on ur lucky or could be, take the laptop to a pc shop or let it be untouched for 2 weeks and then turn it on to check.

The milk must be cleaned off regardless if the op does it himself or a shop does it.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Dell Inspiron Laptops