Sign in with
Your question

Milk Spill on Dell Inspiron 1525

Last response: in CPUs
December 27, 2009 3:24:02 PM

I would like some help on trying to resolve a milk spill on my laptop. It will not turn on now. Any thoughtful suggestions?
a b à CPUs
December 27, 2009 3:42:36 PM

I have seen milk kill more than one laptop. Your best bet is to take it to a reputable shop and have it disassembled and thoroughly cleaned.
m
l
December 27, 2009 3:52:30 PM

EWWW. I have the 1525. not a bad cheapo laptop.

Good luck.
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
December 27, 2009 5:22:48 PM

I currently have a dell inspiron in bits after a soup incident. It's not looking good.

If you're not confident taking a laptop to pieces (it still scares the b'jesus out of me!) then take it to a shop as BadTrip said, however Dell laptops tend to be some of the easier to disassemble. google for instructions and you'll probably find something.
m
l
December 27, 2009 8:10:37 PM

and go buy some cookies so u can take them with milk....hahahah
m
l
December 27, 2009 11:35:54 PM

Hi, did u try to turn it on after u spilled milk on ur laptop? Because that will kill ur components. If u did try to smell any strange smell, any smell like fused electric item. If didnt try to turn it on ur lucky or could be, take the laptop to a pc shop or let it be untouched for 2 weeks and then turn it on to check.
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 28, 2009 2:13:46 AM

aim001 said:
Hi, did u try to turn it on after u spilled milk on ur laptop? Because that will kill ur components. If u did try to smell any strange smell, any smell like fused electric item. If didnt try to turn it on ur lucky or could be, take the laptop to a pc shop or let it be untouched for 2 weeks and then turn it on to check.

The milk must be cleaned off regardless if the op does it himself or a shop does it.
m
l
!