Portable Hard Drive Suggestion

ajay_raj1988

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
Hello Everyone!!!

I need a portable HARD DRIVE to keep my important data & other stuff. But the problem is that two pen drives one of Transcend & other of MoserBaer have recently crashed on my PC. They give an error "PLEASE INSERT DISK INTO DRIVE....."

So i am a little scared that this may not happen with my portable hard disk.

My configurations are: Windows 7 Ultimate, 2GB RAM, 250GB HDD, Core2Duo 2.6GHz, Intel Original Motherboard

Please suggest a good reliable & cheap portable hard drive under $70-75 with at least 500GB storage.

I have recently seen a TRANSCEND 640GB portable. Any one used it before???

Thank You

3.5" drives are cheaper than 2.5" USB drives however the 3.5" are physically larger and require an AC adapter. 2.5" USB drives are smaller and have no AC adapter because they use the USB power.

USB3 drives are backwards compatible.

Just start with the online store NCIX and browse what they have, especially the current SALE.

Western Digital and Seagate both make good drives.

Actually, here's the best one for your price from the NCIX USA site:
http://www.ncixus.com/products/?sku=57116&vpn=0S03061&manufacture=Hitachi&promoid=1365

ajay_raj1988

Distinguished
May 23, 2010

Hey Thanks!!

But this particular HDD you suggested gives a rattling sound which was discovered by its users.

Do the 3.5'' HDD have a separate USB connector to connect to the PC & a separate AC adapter.

HDD physical size doesn't bother me, i just want a reliable brand HDD within my budget.

ajay_raj1988

Distinguished
May 23, 2010

thanks but this combination is too expensive man. I need a drive that i can carry to workplaces easily without any complication.