X4 955 showing only 2 cores help

aim001

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2009
ok i think i got ur solution. Idk how to adjust msi bioses, so if it is something simular to that im gonna tell u now do it. Go on bios, in the cpu setting and set ur Advanced clock calibiration to Auto. IF u can't find it install Amd Overdrive and i will tell u the instruction, give me a quick reply so I can help u before I go.

aim001

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2009

Go on preference tab and mark the advanced mode in perfomance controle mode and apply. After that go in Perfomance tab and click the clock/voltage. There u will see Advanced clock calibration. (Default is disabled) Change it to Auto, if that doesn't effect change to All Cores. I hope this helps :). if u dont understand how to do this 100% i could send pictures :) Dont forget to restart after the setting!

sentenced83

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2008
i didnt work m i tried both ways ( auto and all cores( and the defualt in all cores was -2% or sth ...

:(

thanks for trying mate

aim001

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2009
I tried to Google to find any others who has this or had this problem. But no one has. By the way, have you checked the task manager. I recommend i to crosscheck it. Right click on ur desktop bar and choose task manager, then go to perfomance. If it show 4 windows, all your cores will be running. If not, then i cant help you more sorry:(

Run msconfig.exe (either from the start search for vista or 7, or from the "run" dialog in xp). Under the boot tab, click the "Advanced" button. Make sure the "Number of Processors" box is unchecked.