Need advice - new old mobo

redlath

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
Hi

I'm looking for a new mobo to change my old ASROCK G965M-S, It's for an old system on my house that it's used for occasional gaming (LAN), store files, CAD models. The reason is I have issues with the mobo, the GPU and the integrated sound so I decided to find a solution (easy n cheap, only the board)

I need a mobo for an intel processor with socket LGA 775, form factor ATX, PCI Express 2 x16 (for a Sapphire HD 5750) and an integrated sound system that doesn't have compatibility issues with video playback and games (Crysis, UT3 engine, Battlefield Bad Company 2...)

I know it's old. I really don't know which board fits better for this and ovoid compatibility issues, so if you may suggest some options I'd appreciated a lot :D

Thanks

redlath

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
For your first choice I'm not quite sure if the proc would work cause is a Pentium D, Does that board support it? - maybe in the future I will change it for a better one that fits in but not right now.

Also, my GPU is an ATI card, so I don't know if it's wise to use a SLi oriented mobo

It seems that the Realtek chipset has compatibility issues (The only one that I've tried is the ALC662 -> this is included in your second choice and is not working properly with my build)
According to http://forums.ebuyer.com/showthread.php?t=40520 there are some integrated chipsets with better performance. What would you recommend me to do about this?

cory1234

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2005

I would look for a used p35 mobo. I have a Gigabyte p35 ds3l that is being RMA'ed right now. I'll sell it for $50 shipped, but you would have to wait 3 weeks.