Are these good temperatures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whipon

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Good evening ^^.
Recently I replaced the stock fansink of both my CPU and my GPU.
I have a Core I5 2500K and a XFX Radeon HD 6970.
My cpu has a mild overclock at 3.60ghz.

I bought a Deep Cool Gamer Storm for my CPU.
And a Deep Cool Dracula for my GPU.

Here are my temps with an ambient temperature between 27 - 30 º Celsius:

GPU: 49
Core 0: 43
Core 1: 45
Core 2: 46
Core 3: 44

All temps is celsius.

Are these temps normal?.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Its a little warm, even for 30 degree ambient temperatures. I live in similar conditions but manage idle temperatures in the mid to high 30's. More important though is the full load temperatures. Try testing with Intel Burn Test or Prime95 for the CPU and Furmark for the GPU. Those temperatures are the important ones to worry about as the idle temperatures could be affected by choosing "silent" fan profiles, where the fan RPM is intentionally much lower at lower temperatures to make a quiet system.

Other point to consider is what case fans do you have?

chippies

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
Are these temperatures at full load or idle? If that is at full load then they are amazing, which makes me suspect they are the temps at idle, in which case I'd expect them to be a little lower. Posting your CPU and GPU fan speeds would help.

Whipon

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Sorry, I forgot to mention these were idle temperatures.
The values were taken with speed fan, after some web browsing, and a video clip.
We are in summer here, with temps higher than 30 ° celsius.

Whipon

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Thanks a lot for your repplies.
I used the Deepcool one that came with the fansinks.
I'm not at home so I can't tell you fan speeds. GPU ones are two 92 x 92 x 25 fans directly connected to the psu.

chippies

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
Its a little warm, even for 30 degree ambient temperatures. I live in similar conditions but manage idle temperatures in the mid to high 30's. More important though is the full load temperatures. Try testing with Intel Burn Test or Prime95 for the CPU and Furmark for the GPU. Those temperatures are the important ones to worry about as the idle temperatures could be affected by choosing "silent" fan profiles, where the fan RPM is intentionally much lower at lower temperatures to make a quiet system.

Other point to consider is what case fans do you have?

Solution

Whipon

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
I see. I will run those tests.
I have three 120 x 120 x 40 two at the front intake, and one at the back exhaust. I have another exhaust at the top 92 x 92 x 25.
I plan to add a 172 one at the side panel intake.

Whipon

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Well I ran the tests with IntelBurnTest and FurMark.
These surelly aren't ideal tests, since ambient temperature is now 25º celsius, because of the Air Conditioner.

Intel Burn Test gave me max temps of 60º Celsius.
Furmark gave me a max temp of 54º Celsius.

I want to run the same tests at normal ambient temperature. I will do it tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.