Are all PSU's fans on the bottom?

Jgranger

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2009
My Antec 900's PSU slot is on the bottom so it feels like a waste with the PSU's fan not really doing much on the bottom. Is there any way to deal with this? I'm about to buy a new PSU and figured I should ask :)

Yes. The Antec 900 case has two sets of PSU mounting holes. You should mount the PSU so the fan faces the inside of the case.

I mounted the the PSU with the fan up and hard drives in the lower drive bay - gives me excellent drive temps. The fan in the middle drive bay blows straight into the video card. I have my CPU heatsinks oriented vertically to take advantage of the large fan on top.

I figure that warm air wants to rise. Why fight physics.

I wrote:
"Yes. The Antec 900 case has two sets of PSU mounting holes. You should mount the PSU so the fan faces the inside of the case.

I mounted the the PSU with the fan up and hard drives in the lower drive bay - gives me excellent drive temps. The fan in the middle drive bay blows straight into the video card. I have my CPU heatsinks oriented vertically to take advantage of the large fan on top.

I figure that warm air wants to rise. Why fight physics."

Maybe I wasn't clear enough and I should have written:
"Yes. The Antec 900 case has two sets of PSU mounting holes. You should mount the PSU so the fan faces the inside of the case.

I mounted the the PSU with the fan up and hard drives in the lower drive bay - gives me excellent drive temps. The fan in the middle drive bay blows straight into the video card.

I have my CPU heatsinks oriented vertically to take advantage of the large fan on top. I figure that warm air wants to rise. Why fight physics."

As opposed to pointing the CPU HSF toward the back of the case as is common.