Sign in with
Your question

Realtek Not Detecting Jack Inputs For 5.1

Last response: in Components
December 27, 2009 8:51:13 PM

Allrite lads. Basically, i just installed a new motherboard and CPU on my computer (Biostar A760G M2+ and AMD Athlon X2 250 3GHz).

I'm also using Windows 7 (32-bit). Basically when i first installed realtek hd audio manager, it prompted me to detect the jacks i plugged into the computer from my 5.1 speakers. I set them to line in/line out etc - got the speakers running perfectly.

Im not too sure, but after a few updates to my motherboard the subwoofer stopped working, and only 2 of my 5 speakers made any sound.

It got to such an extent that i wiped my hard drive, and re-installed windows 7. After downloading realtek hd audio manager, the problem still persisted.

Overall, what i mean is that when i plug my jacks into the back of the computer there is no message asking me what i plugged in, and no matter what i try it wont revert from stereo/playing only 2 speakers, even though in the manager i have it set to 5.1.....

This is unbelievably frustrating, as I basically cant listen to any music with the crappy stereo feel, and absolutely no bass, even when my subwoofer volume is up full tilt ¬_¬

Any help would be very welcome.
December 27, 2009 10:48:10 PM

Open Realtek sound manager; use the control panel if its not in your taskbar. Move through the tabs to reset or confirm your configuration.
December 27, 2009 11:03:34 PM

no difference. i still get no bass whatsoever, and only the 2 speakers play.

in my motherboard theres only 3 jack inputs (at the back - black, green and pink)

although the 5.1 speakers are not matching, originally i plugged them in and it asked me what i plugged in. no matter what i try now, it doesnt make a difference. it wont ask me what ive plugged in anymore ¬_¬
Related resources
December 28, 2009 4:26:33 PM

think iv discovered the problem. i recall that this occurred after a BIOS update.

so aye, my BIOS must be the culprit - and i have no known way of downgrading it...

theres a 5.1 supporting soundcard for £12 in the local part store. i hope it works =/
December 29, 2009 5:46:10 PM

new soundcard works a treat. thank god for ridding me of useless realtek ^_^
Anonymous
March 29, 2010 8:01:14 PM

I have THE exact same problem!
June 3, 2010 10:24:04 PM

Just had the same issue on this same motherboard. I reverted back to my old bios with the backup I made and it works again. The newest bios is indeed the problem! Do not update to 2009-09-11 A76GM911.BSS
June 11, 2010 9:39:21 PM

syneris said:
Just had the same issue on this same motherboard. I reverted back to my old bios with the backup I made and it works again. The newest bios is indeed the problem! Do not update to 2009-09-11 A76GM911.BSS

Arggh! I have this same issue. Was working fine with my old/original BIOS, updated and reformatted (losing my BIOS backup). Any chance I could get a copy of the BIOS that worked on rapidshare/something or email?
!