Sign in with
Your question

Update motherboard bios

Last response: in Motherboards
March 30, 2010 7:52:03 PM

is it ok to update the bios of the motherboard regularly even thought theres no problem in the system?
a b V Motherboard
March 30, 2010 8:39:12 PM

*IF YOU UPDATE YOUR BIOS YOU CAN BRICK YOUR BOARD*

I am one of the people that update my BIOS when I find a newer one. Most of the time it can only help. IF the BIOS just came out wait about a month or search forums for that BIOS version and your board. Some boards (like the ASUS Rampage Formula) people will have forum posts on how a BIOS performs in speed, overclocking and voltage requirements.

If you want to update your BIOS you can. Most of the time it will add support for newer CPUs, improve memory support, fix bugs and improve speed/overclocking.

Some people update the BIOS every time a new BIOS comes out. Some people will not do it unless the update is required. It is up to YOU. If you feel confident in doing so, the you can do it.

On "Most" higher end boards, A BIOS update can improve overclock/speed, add CPU support and/or Fix bugs.

On computers like Dells they only release BIOS update to fix bugs.

If you are going to update you BIOS do NOT update in Windows.

Update in DOS or alot of boards have a BIOS update utility in the BIOS (IE: ASUS EZ Flash 2)

*NEVER FLASH BIOS WHEN OVERCLOCKED* (Overclock could not be stable)

I am not responsible for any action you decide to take, I am not liable for any damage to the Motherboard due to updating the BIOS.
March 31, 2010 2:26:18 PM

1haplo said:
*IF YOU UPDATE YOUR BIOS YOU CAN BRICK YOUR BOARD*

I am one of the people that update my BIOS when I find a newer one. Most of the time it can only help. IF the BIOS just came out wait about a month or search forums for that BIOS version and your board. Some boards (like the ASUS Rampage Formula) people will have forum posts on how a BIOS performs in speed, overclocking and voltage requirements.

If you want to update your BIOS you can. Most of the time it will add support for newer CPUs, improve memory support, fix bugs and improve speed/overclocking.

Some people update the BIOS every time a new BIOS comes out. Some people will not do it unless the update is required. It is up to YOU. If you feel confident in doing so, the you can do it.

On "Most" higher end boards, A BIOS update can improve overclock/speed, add CPU support and/or Fix bugs.

On computers like Dells they only release BIOS update to fix bugs.

If you are going to update you BIOS do NOT update in Windows.

Update in DOS or alot of boards have a BIOS update utility in the BIOS (IE: ASUS EZ Flash 2)

*NEVER FLASH BIOS WHEN OVERCLOCKED* (Overclock could not be stable)

I am not responsible for any action you decide to take, I am not liable for any damage to the Motherboard due to updating the BIOS.

thank you brother. you give me idea.. i really appreciate your help +5 for you..
!