Sign in with
Your question

ASUS M4A89GTD 890 GX Motherboard and Nvidia Graphics Card

Last response: in Motherboards
March 30, 2010 8:31:09 PM

Will an Nvidia GTX 285 work on an ASUS M4A89GTD 890 GX Motherboard by disabling the onboard ATI graphics? Looking at buying this board and AMD chip but not wanting to shell out money for new ATI Graphics card at this time.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 176 U Graphics card
a c 97 V Motherboard
a b Î Nvidia
March 30, 2010 8:45:56 PM

It should. No reason why it won't. Make sure you disable the onboard, and that you have enough power.
m
l
March 31, 2010 3:57:40 PM

hoseab said:
Will an Nvidia GTX 285 work on an ASUS M4A89GTD 890 GX Motherboard by disabling the onboard ATI graphics? Looking at buying this board and AMD chip but not wanting to shell out money for new ATI Graphics card at this time.

Yes it will work just keep in mind 2 things. 1.) This mobo is not SLI capable should you be planning for this in the future. 2.) ATI crossfire will only be 8x/8x as PCI x16 lanes are shared.

I purchased this motherboard and have had nothing but horrible experiences so far but thats not point of the post. If you are building a system with a single video card this board will run either chipset. (once you get a stable BIOS)
m
l
December 17, 2010 12:24:57 PM

BernardC said:
Yes it will work just keep in mind 2 things. 1.) This mobo is not SLI capable should you be planning for this in the future. 2.) ATI crossfire will only be 8x/8x as PCI x16 lanes are shared.

I purchased this motherboard and have had nothing but horrible experiences so far but thats not point of the post. If you are building a system with a single video card this board will run either chipset. (once you get a stable BIOS)

Hey, i'm sorry for asking but what is your bad experience with this board ? I'd like to know before I go and buy it. thnx
m
l
Related resources
!