2 mobos, same problem.

krisbok

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008
So I decided to build another low level computer for minor editing, web surfing, etc. I had a old socket 754 mobo with ram and an athlon 64 2 GHz Clawhammer installed. After that I got a case and everything else. Installed everything, got 5 weird beeps before POST, and then would proceed to boot; it got to windows xp splash screen, and reboot. Over and over, same problem. I took cards out one by one between boots, switched RAM around. I even got an old K8N Platnum and tried that board as well, same problem. If anyone can lead me in the right direction, that would be great. As of now, I think it may be processor related, but not sure.

:eek:

-Kris

For starters, go through the troubleshooting sticky, you may find that you didn't connect something properly. The link in my signature will take you to the troubleshooting guide.

As for the beep codes, try this link: http://www.pchell.com/hardware/beepcodes.shtml
You'll find an explanation of what the series of beeps mean.

Lastly, download MemTest86+ from memtest.org, burn the iso to disc, run the test overnight, and come back with the results.

krisbok

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008
Could it be a bad processor possibly?? I was told this processor was ripped out the socket and got it cheap (pretty much free), I looked at it and all the pins appear straight and everything seemed kosher.

:bounce:

-Kris