Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Cingular Unlock Policy

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 5:35:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

It's been said that Cingular will unlock telephones for customers, on
request, after they've been with Cingular 90 or more days. A colleague
recently told me that this policy (?practice?) has ended. Can anyone
confirm this?

More about : cingular unlock policy

Anonymous
March 5, 2005 3:22:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Been with them 15 years and tried to buy a V551 unlocked. They would not do
it. Hello, eBay!

--
MICHAEL J. MacMAHON
Captain (ret.) KCPD

Remember, Golf is not a matter of Life or Death;
it is MUCH more important than that.

NOTE: All outgoing mail is scanned by McAfee Virus Scan for your safety.
"RWEmerson" <foolish_consistency@hobgoblin.com> wrote in message
news:112hl5ga556kk64@corp.supernews.com...
> It's been said that Cingular will unlock telephones for customers, on
> request, after they've been with Cingular 90 or more days. A colleague
> recently told me that this policy (?practice?) has ended. Can anyone
> confirm this?
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 4:20:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

RWEmerson wrote:
> It's been said that Cingular will unlock telephones for customers, on
> request, after they've been with Cingular 90 or more days. A colleague
> recently told me that this policy (?practice?) has ended. Can anyone
> confirm this?

Try this - I've seen it work recently:

Send an e-mail to simunlockcode@cingular.com
Give no reason or excuse as to why you want your phone
unlocked. Simply give your name, state you are currently
under a Cingular contract, give your phone number, phone
model, and IMEI number. And ask for the unlock code.

As I said... worked recently.
Related resources
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 11:32:19 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 00:22:30 GMT, "Michael MacMahon"
<maccop@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>Been with them 15 years and tried to buy a V551 unlocked. They would not do
>it. Hello, eBay!

That's a different question than the OP asked.

A carrier is NEVER going to sell an unlocked phone, but may, after <X>
days of service, provide the unlock code.
--
To reply, remove TheObvious from my e-mail address.
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 12:44:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 08:32:19 -0800, Evan Platt
<evan@TheObvious.espphotography.com> wrote:

>A carrier is NEVER going to sell an unlocked phone

WRONG.

I bought 3 phones (so far) from Cingular retail stores. All 3 were
unlocked. I paid full retail price for them; since they are not
subsidized phones, apparently Cingular felt no need for a subsidy
lock.

--
Friends don't let friends shop at Best Buy (except to buy loss leaders for resale on eBay).
(See http://tinyurl.com/6efhd)
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 3:36:50 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <lnnj21pkh5gj17a301v9bqdk44f80k1pjb@4ax.com>,
Evan Platt <evan@TheObvious.espphotography.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 00:22:30 GMT, "Michael MacMahon"
> <maccop@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
> >Been with them 15 years and tried to buy a V551 unlocked. They would not do
> >it. Hello, eBay!
>
> That's a different question than the OP asked.
>
> A carrier is NEVER going to sell an unlocked phone, but may, after <X>
> days of service, provide the unlock code.

Until a year ago, all of Cingular's phones were sold unlocked.
Apparently they picked up some bad habits from AT&T Wireless.
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 3:46:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

>>>Been with them 15 years and tried to buy a V551 unlocked. They would not do
>>>it. Hello, eBay!
>>
>>That's a different question than the OP asked.
>>
>>A carrier is NEVER going to sell an unlocked phone, but may, after <X>
>>days of service, provide the unlock code.
>
>
> Until a year ago, all of Cingular's phones were sold unlocked.
> Apparently they picked up some bad habits from AT&T Wireless.

That's not true. I bought a used GSM phone over a year ago, and it was
locked. From what I heard, Cingular locked all 850/1900 phones, but
left any world phones unlocked.

TH
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 4:04:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

> On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 00:22:30 GMT, "Michael MacMahon"
> <maccop@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>




> >>>Been with them 15 years and tried to buy a V551 unlocked. They would not do
> >>>it. Hello, eBay!
> >>
> >>That's a different question than the OP asked.
> >>
> >>A carrier is NEVER going to sell an unlocked phone, but may, after <X>
> >>days of service, provide the unlock code.
> >
> >
> > Until a year ago, all of Cingular's phones were sold unlocked.
> > Apparently they picked up some bad habits from AT&T Wireless.


In article <422A52E2.9040409@example.net>,
Tropical Haven <user@example.net> wrote:
>
> That's not true. I bought a used GSM phone over a year ago, and it was
> locked. From what I heard, Cingular locked all 850/1900 phones, but
> left any world phones unlocked.
>
> TH



Why did you snip off part of the post so folks will know who said
carriers never sell unlocked phones, when you just admitted Cingular was
selling "World Phones" unlocked.

I got both a v600 and a T637 last summer and they are totally unlocked.
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 12:05:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 21:44:49 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
<slothkills@NOyahooSPAM.com> wrote:

>WRONG.
>
>I bought 3 phones (so far) from Cingular retail stores. All 3 were
>unlocked. I paid full retail price for them; since they are not
>subsidized phones, apparently Cingular felt no need for a subsidy
>lock.

I'm sorry, I should have clarified with a discount they won't sell it
unlocked. Yes, if you pay full retail price, it'll be unocked.
--
To reply, remove TheObvious from my e-mail address.
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 2:14:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"Evan Platt" <evan@TheObvious.espphotography.com> wrote in message
news:61em21hej1gkd0oihqdfal56ai3r1m9ncm@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 21:44:49 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> <slothkills@NOyahooSPAM.com> wrote:
>
>>WRONG.
>>
>>I bought 3 phones (so far) from Cingular retail stores. All 3 were
>>unlocked. I paid full retail price for them; since they are not
>>subsidized phones, apparently Cingular felt no need for a subsidy
>>lock.
>
> I'm sorry, I should have clarified with a discount they won't sell it
> unlocked. Yes, if you pay full retail price, it'll be unocked.

I bought a *discounted* Moto V400 4-band phone from a local Cingular
store about a year ago, and it was unlocked.

--
John
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 2:16:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"Evan Platt" <evan@TheObvious.espphotography.com> wrote in message
news:61em21hej1gkd0oihqdfal56ai3r1m9ncm@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 21:44:49 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> <slothkills@NOyahooSPAM.com> wrote:
>
>>WRONG.
>>
>>I bought 3 phones (so far) from Cingular retail stores. All 3 were
>>unlocked. I paid full retail price for them; since they are not
>>subsidized phones, apparently Cingular felt no need for a subsidy
>>lock.
>
> I'm sorry, I should have clarified with a discount they won't sell it
> unlocked. Yes, if you pay full retail price, it'll be unocked.

I bought a discounted Moto V400 (4-band) phone from a local Cingular
store almost a year ago, and it was unlocked.

--
John
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 12:46:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <2IudnUu1irqIZ7DfRVn-ug@comcast.com>,
"John Hawkes" <jrhawkes@nospamyahoo.com> wrote:

>
> "Evan Platt" <evan@TheObvious.espphotography.com> wrote in message
> news:61em21hej1gkd0oihqdfal56ai3r1m9ncm@4ax.com...
> > On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 21:44:49 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> > <slothkills@NOyahooSPAM.com> wrote:
> >
> >>WRONG.
> >>
> >>I bought 3 phones (so far) from Cingular retail stores. All 3 were
> >>unlocked. I paid full retail price for them; since they are not
> >>subsidized phones, apparently Cingular felt no need for a subsidy
> >>lock.
> >
> > I'm sorry, I should have clarified with a discount they won't sell it
> > unlocked. Yes, if you pay full retail price, it'll be unocked.
>
> I bought a *discounted* Moto V400 4-band phone from a local Cingular
> store about a year ago, and it was unlocked.

But Cingular has learned from ATTWS, and now sells locked phones.
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 2:19:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:jzwick3-59E0F1.15464408032005@news1.west.earthlink.net...
> In article <2IudnUu1irqIZ7DfRVn-ug@comcast.com>,
> "John Hawkes" <jrhawkes@nospamyahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>
>> "Evan Platt" <evan@TheObvious.espphotography.com> wrote in message
>> news:61em21hej1gkd0oihqdfal56ai3r1m9ncm@4ax.com...
>> > On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 21:44:49 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
>> > <slothkills@NOyahooSPAM.com> wrote:
>> >
>> >>WRONG.
>> >>
>> >>I bought 3 phones (so far) from Cingular retail stores. All 3 were
>> >>unlocked. I paid full retail price for them; since they are not
>> >>subsidized phones, apparently Cingular felt no need for a subsidy
>> >>lock.
>> >
>> > I'm sorry, I should have clarified with a discount they won't sell it
>> > unlocked. Yes, if you pay full retail price, it'll be unocked.
>>
>> I bought a *discounted* Moto V400 4-band phone from a local Cingular
>> store about a year ago, and it was unlocked.
>
> But Cingular has learned from ATTWS, and now sells locked phones.


They've always sold locked phones, retard.

You spread more lies and disinformation than the Democrats.

--
JJ
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 2:30:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <WpqXd.38074$SE2.9729@fe2.texas.rr.com>,
"Jiu Jitsuperfly" <jiujitsuperfly@satx.rr.complicated> wrote:

>
> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> news:jzwick3-59E0F1.15464408032005@news1.west.earthlink.net...
> > In article <2IudnUu1irqIZ7DfRVn-ug@comcast.com>,
> > "John Hawkes" <jrhawkes@nospamyahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >>
> >> "Evan Platt" <evan@TheObvious.espphotography.com> wrote in message
> >> news:61em21hej1gkd0oihqdfal56ai3r1m9ncm@4ax.com...
> >> > On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 21:44:49 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> >> > <slothkills@NOyahooSPAM.com> wrote:
> >> >
> >> >>WRONG.
> >> >>
> >> >>I bought 3 phones (so far) from Cingular retail stores. All 3 were
> >> >>unlocked. I paid full retail price for them; since they are not
> >> >>subsidized phones, apparently Cingular felt no need for a subsidy
> >> >>lock.
> >> >
> >> > I'm sorry, I should have clarified with a discount they won't sell it
> >> > unlocked. Yes, if you pay full retail price, it'll be unocked.
> >>
> >> I bought a *discounted* Moto V400 4-band phone from a local Cingular
> >> store about a year ago, and it was unlocked.
> >
> > But Cingular has learned from ATTWS, and now sells locked phones.
>
>
> They've always sold locked phones, retard.
>
> You spread more lies and disinformation than the Democrats.

Insulting me and the Democratic Party will not change the fact that
Cingular used to sell Quad band unlocked phones, but no longer does so.
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 4:31:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

How can you tell if your phone is unlocked?

MG


"Doug Mlodzinski" <dougmlod@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message
news:aP7Wd.49012$vK5.42545@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> RWEmerson wrote:
>> It's been said that Cingular will unlock telephones for customers, on
>> request, after they've been with Cingular 90 or more days. A colleague
>> recently told me that this policy (?practice?) has ended. Can anyone
>> confirm this?
>
> Try this - I've seen it work recently:
>
> Send an e-mail to simunlockcode@cingular.com
> Give no reason or excuse as to why you want your phone unlocked. Simply
> give your name, state you are currently under a Cingular contract, give
> your phone number, phone model, and IMEI number. And ask for the unlock
> code.
>
> As I said... worked recently.
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 7:09:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:jzwick3-3E7C7A.17304408032005@news1.west.earthlink.net...
> In article <WpqXd.38074$SE2.9729@fe2.texas.rr.com>,
> "Jiu Jitsuperfly" <jiujitsuperfly@satx.rr.complicated> wrote:
>
>>
>> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>> news:jzwick3-59E0F1.15464408032005@news1.west.earthlink.net...
>> > In article <2IudnUu1irqIZ7DfRVn-ug@comcast.com>,
>> > "John Hawkes" <jrhawkes@nospamyahoo.com> wrote:
>> >
>> >>
>> >> "Evan Platt" <evan@TheObvious.espphotography.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:61em21hej1gkd0oihqdfal56ai3r1m9ncm@4ax.com...
>> >> > On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 21:44:49 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
>> >> > <slothkills@NOyahooSPAM.com> wrote:
>> >> >
>> >> >>WRONG.
>> >> >>
>> >> >>I bought 3 phones (so far) from Cingular retail stores. All 3 were
>> >> >>unlocked. I paid full retail price for them; since they are not
>> >> >>subsidized phones, apparently Cingular felt no need for a subsidy
>> >> >>lock.
>> >> >
>> >> > I'm sorry, I should have clarified with a discount they won't sell
>> >> > it
>> >> > unlocked. Yes, if you pay full retail price, it'll be unocked.
>> >>
>> >> I bought a *discounted* Moto V400 4-band phone from a local Cingular
>> >> store about a year ago, and it was unlocked.
>> >
>> > But Cingular has learned from ATTWS, and now sells locked phones.
>>
>>
>> They've always sold locked phones, retard.
>>
>> You spread more lies and disinformation than the Democrats.
>
> Insulting me and the Democratic Party will not change the fact that
> Cingular used to sell Quad band unlocked phones, but no longer does so.


So now you want to play semantic games and change the argument.

Wonder where we've seen this before?

--
JJ
March 9, 2005 11:26:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 01:31:06 GMT, "Mr.~G." <taekwonmg@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>How can you tell if your phone is unlocked?

Put a non-cingular SIM card in it. If it says rejected it's locked.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 4:17:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <wFuXd.52851$Qz1.12076@fe2.texas.rr.com>,
"Jiu Jitsuperfly" <jiujitsuperfly@satx.rr.complicated> wrote:

>
> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> news:jzwick3-3E7C7A.17304408032005@news1.west.earthlink.net...
> > In article <WpqXd.38074$SE2.9729@fe2.texas.rr.com>,
> > "Jiu Jitsuperfly" <jiujitsuperfly@satx.rr.complicated> wrote:
> >
> >>
> >> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> >> news:jzwick3-59E0F1.15464408032005@news1.west.earthlink.net...
> >> > In article <2IudnUu1irqIZ7DfRVn-ug@comcast.com>,
> >> > "John Hawkes" <jrhawkes@nospamyahoo.com> wrote:
> >> >
> >> >>
> >> >> "Evan Platt" <evan@TheObvious.espphotography.com> wrote in message
> >> >> news:61em21hej1gkd0oihqdfal56ai3r1m9ncm@4ax.com...
> >> >> > On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 21:44:49 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> >> >> > <slothkills@NOyahooSPAM.com> wrote:
> >> >> >
> >> >> >>WRONG.
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >>I bought 3 phones (so far) from Cingular retail stores. All 3 were
> >> >> >>unlocked. I paid full retail price for them; since they are not
> >> >> >>subsidized phones, apparently Cingular felt no need for a subsidy
> >> >> >>lock.
> >> >> >
> >> >> > I'm sorry, I should have clarified with a discount they won't sell
> >> >> > it
> >> >> > unlocked. Yes, if you pay full retail price, it'll be unocked.
> >> >>
> >> >> I bought a *discounted* Moto V400 4-band phone from a local Cingular
> >> >> store about a year ago, and it was unlocked.
> >> >
> >> > But Cingular has learned from ATTWS, and now sells locked phones.
> >>
> >>
> >> They've always sold locked phones, retard.
> >>
> >> You spread more lies and disinformation than the Democrats.
> >
> > Insulting me and the Democratic Party will not change the fact that
> > Cingular used to sell Quad band unlocked phones, but no longer does so.
>
>
> So now you want to play semantic games and change the argument.
>
> Wonder where we've seen this before?

Nope, just correcting your errors, for which instead of apologizing you
mislabel a semantic game.

You owe both myself and Mr. Hawkes an apology.
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 5:00:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:jzwick3-7B77BA.07175309032005@news1.west.earthlink.net...
> In article <wFuXd.52851$Qz1.12076@fe2.texas.rr.com>,
> "Jiu Jitsuperfly" <jiujitsuperfly@satx.rr.complicated> wrote:
>
>>
>> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>> news:jzwick3-3E7C7A.17304408032005@news1.west.earthlink.net...
>> > In article <WpqXd.38074$SE2.9729@fe2.texas.rr.com>,
>> > "Jiu Jitsuperfly" <jiujitsuperfly@satx.rr.complicated> wrote:
>> >
>> >>
>> >> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:jzwick3-59E0F1.15464408032005@news1.west.earthlink.net...
>> >> > In article <2IudnUu1irqIZ7DfRVn-ug@comcast.com>,
>> >> > "John Hawkes" <jrhawkes@nospamyahoo.com> wrote:
>> >> >
>> >> >>
>> >> >> "Evan Platt" <evan@TheObvious.espphotography.com> wrote in message
>> >> >> news:61em21hej1gkd0oihqdfal56ai3r1m9ncm@4ax.com...
>> >> >> > On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 21:44:49 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
>> >> >> > <slothkills@NOyahooSPAM.com> wrote:
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> >>WRONG.
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >>I bought 3 phones (so far) from Cingular retail stores. All 3
>> >> >> >>were
>> >> >> >>unlocked. I paid full retail price for them; since they are not
>> >> >> >>subsidized phones, apparently Cingular felt no need for a subsidy
>> >> >> >>lock.
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> > I'm sorry, I should have clarified with a discount they won't
>> >> >> > sell
>> >> >> > it
>> >> >> > unlocked. Yes, if you pay full retail price, it'll be unocked.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> I bought a *discounted* Moto V400 4-band phone from a local
>> >> >> Cingular
>> >> >> store about a year ago, and it was unlocked.
>> >> >
>> >> > But Cingular has learned from ATTWS, and now sells locked phones.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> They've always sold locked phones, retard.
>> >>
>> >> You spread more lies and disinformation than the Democrats.
>> >
>> > Insulting me and the Democratic Party will not change the fact that
>> > Cingular used to sell Quad band unlocked phones, but no longer does so.
>>
>>
>> So now you want to play semantic games and change the argument.
>>
>> Wonder where we've seen this before?
>
> Nope, just correcting your errors, for which instead of apologizing you
> mislabel a semantic game.
>
> You owe both myself and Mr. Hawkes an apology.


What dream world do you live on? You said that Cingular did not sell locked
phones until they learned that practice from AWS. This is a completely FALSE
statement. Cingular phones have always been locked. Just because a few
Motorolas came unlocked does not mean that all the phones previously sold
were magically unlocked.

You need to get real and stop spreading half truths and lies.

If you knew half of what you thought you know you'd still be wrong.

--
JJ
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 5:19:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <YjDXd.63133$SQ4.48900@fe1.texas.rr.com>,
"Jiu Jitsuperfly" <jiujitsuperfly@satx.rr.complicated> wrote:

> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> news:jzwick3-7B77BA.07175309032005@news1.west.earthlink.net...
> > In article <wFuXd.52851$Qz1.12076@fe2.texas.rr.com>,
> > "Jiu Jitsuperfly" <jiujitsuperfly@satx.rr.complicated> wrote:
> >
> >>
> >> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> >> news:jzwick3-3E7C7A.17304408032005@news1.west.earthlink.net...
> >> > In article <WpqXd.38074$SE2.9729@fe2.texas.rr.com>,
> >> > "Jiu Jitsuperfly" <jiujitsuperfly@satx.rr.complicated> wrote:
> >> >
> >> >>
> >> >> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> >> >> news:jzwick3-59E0F1.15464408032005@news1.west.earthlink.net...
> >> >> > In article <2IudnUu1irqIZ7DfRVn-ug@comcast.com>,
> >> >> > "John Hawkes" <jrhawkes@nospamyahoo.com> wrote:
> >> >> >
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> "Evan Platt" <evan@TheObvious.espphotography.com> wrote in message
> >> >> >> news:61em21hej1gkd0oihqdfal56ai3r1m9ncm@4ax.com...
> >> >> >> > On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 21:44:49 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> >> >> >> > <slothkills@NOyahooSPAM.com> wrote:
> >> >> >> >
> >> >> >> >>WRONG.
> >> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> >>I bought 3 phones (so far) from Cingular retail stores. All 3
> >> >> >> >>were
> >> >> >> >>unlocked. I paid full retail price for them; since they are not
> >> >> >> >>subsidized phones, apparently Cingular felt no need for a subsidy
> >> >> >> >>lock.
> >> >> >> >
> >> >> >> > I'm sorry, I should have clarified with a discount they won't
> >> >> >> > sell
> >> >> >> > it
> >> >> >> > unlocked. Yes, if you pay full retail price, it'll be unocked.
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> I bought a *discounted* Moto V400 4-band phone from a local
> >> >> >> Cingular
> >> >> >> store about a year ago, and it was unlocked.
> >> >> >
> >> >> > But Cingular has learned from ATTWS, and now sells locked phones.
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >> They've always sold locked phones, retard.
> >> >>
> >> >> You spread more lies and disinformation than the Democrats.
> >> >
> >> > Insulting me and the Democratic Party will not change the fact that
> >> > Cingular used to sell Quad band unlocked phones, but no longer does so.
> >>
> >>
> >> So now you want to play semantic games and change the argument.
> >>
> >> Wonder where we've seen this before?
> >
> > Nope, just correcting your errors, for which instead of apologizing you
> > mislabel a semantic game.
> >
> > You owe both myself and Mr. Hawkes an apology.
>
>
> What dream world do you live on? You said that Cingular did not sell locked
> phones until they learned that practice from AWS. This is a completely FALSE
> statement. Cingular phones have always been locked. Just because a few
> Motorolas came unlocked does not mean that all the phones previously sold
> were magically unlocked.


The poster said his V400 was sold to him unlocked (as was my T637 and I
think a Sony T637 is not a Motorola phone). Now they sell those phones
locked. They learned it from ATTWS.

Sorry you cant handle the truth, and have to invent stories.

>
> You need to get real and stop spreading half truths and lies.
>
> If you knew half of what you thought you know you'd still be wrong.
>
> --
> JJ
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 8:42:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <6t8u21t77arsakm49jikvanug0egg7teue@4ax.com>,
Joseph <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 01:31:06 GMT, "Mr.~G." <taekwonmg@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >How can you tell if your phone is unlocked?
>
> Put a non-cingular SIM card in it. If it says rejected it's locked.

What if it says "Unregistered" ?
March 10, 2005 12:02:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 08:26:46 -0800, Joseph <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 01:31:06 GMT, "Mr.~G." <taekwonmg@hotmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>How can you tell if your phone is unlocked?
>
>Put a non-cingular SIM card in it. If it says rejected it's locked.
>
>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>

Just for drill, I took the SIM out of my wife's Nokia, which is on an
AT&T account, and put it in my V551 on Cingular. It worked perfectly!
Reported my wife's number, and allowed me to make a call. Maybe this
wasn't a good test being that AT&T and Cingular are related now. My
V551 was purchased through Amazon.com in December. Does this prove my
V551 is unlocked, or do I need to try the SIM from some other carrier?
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 6:54:08 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

> What dream world do you live on? You said that Cingular did not sell locked
> phones until they learned that practice from AWS. This is a completely FALSE
> statement. Cingular phones have always been locked. Just because a few
> Motorolas came unlocked does not mean that all the phones previously sold
> were magically unlocked.

I have heard that for a period of time Cingular sold all world phones
unlocked. I have had access to a few, and they were unlocked, however I
feel my sample was not fairly representing the sales of Cingular
handsets for any period of time.

TH
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 6:56:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

> The poster said his V400 was sold to him unlocked (as was my T637 and I
> think a Sony T637 is not a Motorola phone). Now they sell those phones
> locked. They learned it from ATTWS.

Cingular did sell locked phones before it acquired ATTWS. However, that
doesn't mean that *all* of Cingular's phones were locked previously, but
it doesn't mean they were unlocked, either.

> Sorry you cant handle the truth, and have to invent stories.
>
>
>>You need to get real and stop spreading half truths and lies.
>>
>>If you knew half of what you thought you know you'd still be wrong.
>>
>>--
>>JJ
>
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 7:07:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"Dick" <LeadWinger> wrote in message
news:efhv21t6d20q1rsk5rfvmbkcs7or05murh@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 08:26:46 -0800, Joseph <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 01:31:06 GMT, "Mr.~G." <taekwonmg@hotmail.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>How can you tell if your phone is unlocked?
>>
>>Put a non-cingular SIM card in it. If it says rejected it's locked.
>>
>>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>>
>
> Just for drill, I took the SIM out of my wife's Nokia, which is on an
> AT&T account, and put it in my V551 on Cingular. It worked perfectly!
> Reported my wife's number, and allowed me to make a call. Maybe this
> wasn't a good test being that AT&T and Cingular are related now. My
> V551 was purchased through Amazon.com in December. Does this prove my
> V551 is unlocked, or do I need to try the SIM from some other carrier?

Yes you're V551 is unlocked as is every V551 released within the first 2
months of the buyout/merger.

--
JJ
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 7:23:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"Tropical Haven" <user@example.net> wrote in message
news:422FC4E0.2060001@example.net...
>> What dream world do you live on? You said that Cingular did not sell
>> locked phones until they learned that practice from AWS. This is a
>> completely FALSE statement. Cingular phones have always been locked. Just
>> because a few Motorolas came unlocked does not mean that all the phones
>> previously sold were magically unlocked.
>
> I have heard that for a period of time Cingular sold all world phones
> unlocked. I have had access to a few, and they were unlocked, however I
> feel my sample was not fairly representing the sales of Cingular handsets
> for any period of time.

And they will still unlock any world phone for you* if you know the right
people to ask.

I'm sure Jack will be happy to post this information** since he knows
everything there is to know about Cingualr wireless services and policies

* this is if you are on a Cingualr wireless plan, in good standing, and a
customer for more than 90 days.

** If Jack can't, and we know he can't, I will be happy too.

--
JJ






















































The email address for the subsidy unlock request is:

simunlockcode@cingular.com

Please include the following:

Customer name:

Account number:

Mobile number:

Social Security Number:

Make and Model of Phone (ie: Motorola v551):

IMEI number (this can be retrieved from the phone by pressing *#06# on the
keypad of the phone):

Reason request:
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 7:35:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Jack Zwick wrote:
> In article <6t8u21t77arsakm49jikvanug0egg7teue@4ax.com>,
> Joseph <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>
>>On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 01:31:06 GMT, "Mr.~G." <taekwonmg@hotmail.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>
>>>How can you tell if your phone is unlocked?
>>
>>Put a non-cingular SIM card in it. If it says rejected it's locked.
>
>
> What if it says "Unregistered" ?

That means the SIM card is not a valid (working) SIM card. If it's the
SIM card of another provider and it comes up "Unregistered" that means
that it's unlocked, as it has passed the subsidy code test to reach the
"Unregistered" status.

TH
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 2:17:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <dKPXd.63675$SQ4.12391@fe1.texas.rr.com>,
"Jiu Jitsuperfly" <jiujitsuperfly@satx.rr.complicated> wrote:

>
> "Dick" <LeadWinger> wrote in message
> news:efhv21t6d20q1rsk5rfvmbkcs7or05murh@4ax.com...
> > On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 08:26:46 -0800, Joseph <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 01:31:06 GMT, "Mr.~G." <taekwonmg@hotmail.com>
> >>wrote:
> >>
> >>>How can you tell if your phone is unlocked?
> >>
> >>Put a non-cingular SIM card in it. If it says rejected it's locked.
> >>
> >>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> >>
> >
> > Just for drill, I took the SIM out of my wife's Nokia, which is on an
> > AT&T account, and put it in my V551 on Cingular. It worked perfectly!
> > Reported my wife's number, and allowed me to make a call. Maybe this
> > wasn't a good test being that AT&T and Cingular are related now. My
> > V551 was purchased through Amazon.com in December. Does this prove my
> > V551 is unlocked, or do I need to try the SIM from some other carrier?
>
> Yes you're V551 is unlocked as is every V551 released within the first 2
> months of the buyout/merger.

And every v400 and v600 sold the previous year. And every Quad band
phone.

And then Cingular learned form ATTWS and starting locking phones that
heretofore were sold unlocked.
March 10, 2005 2:17:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:17:51 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>> Yes you're V551 is unlocked as is every V551 released within the first 2
>> months of the buyout/merger.
>
>And every v400 and v600 sold the previous year. And every Quad band
>phone.

That makes sense to me. I understood the purpose of the quad-band
phone was to be able to use it in places like Europe with another SIM.
If it were locked, that would defeat the reason for being quad-band.
March 10, 2005 2:50:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Hello

I recently purchased a used V60i on e-bay that was advertised as
unlocked. I bought this only as a backup phone that I could throw into
a pocket when I was in certain places that I couldn't carry my newer phone.

I know the SIM I have (from Cingular) works fine in my 551. When I put
it into the V60i, it asks for a subsidy code.

Does this mean the phone is Not unlocked afterall?

Thanks.

John





Joseph wrote:

> On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 01:31:06 GMT, "Mr.~G." <taekwonmg@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>
>>How can you tell if your phone is unlocked?
>
>
> Put a non-cingular SIM card in it. If it says rejected it's locked.
>
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 3:45:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <422FCE96.8070809@example.net>,
Tropical Haven <user@example.net> wrote:

>
>
> Jack Zwick wrote:
> > In article <6t8u21t77arsakm49jikvanug0egg7teue@4ax.com>,
> > Joseph <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >
> >>On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 01:31:06 GMT, "Mr.~G." <taekwonmg@hotmail.com>
> >>wrote:
> >>
> >>
> >>>How can you tell if your phone is unlocked?
> >>
> >>Put a non-cingular SIM card in it. If it says rejected it's locked.
> >
> >
> > What if it says "Unregistered" ?
>
> That means the SIM card is not a valid (working) SIM card. If it's the
> SIM card of another provider and it comes up "Unregistered" that means
> that it's unlocked, as it has passed the subsidy code test to reach the
> "Unregistered" status.

The SIM is an 8 year old Aerial sim.
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 4:22:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <422FC4E0.2060001@example.net>,
Tropical Haven <user@example.net> wrote:

> > What dream world do you live on? You said that Cingular did not sell locked
> > phones until they learned that practice from AWS. This is a completely
> > FALSE
> > statement. Cingular phones have always been locked. Just because a few
> > Motorolas came unlocked does not mean that all the phones previously sold
> > were magically unlocked.
>
> I have heard that for a period of time Cingular sold all world phones
> unlocked. I have had access to a few, and they were unlocked, however I
> feel my sample was not fairly representing the sales of Cingular
> handsets for any period of time.

Yup its "Jiu" who lives in the dream world that his suppositions are fact
and attack anyone who questions those guess.
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 4:23:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <6ZPXd.63682$SQ4.40193@fe1.texas.rr.com>,
"Jiu Jitsuperfly" <jiujitsuperfly@satx.rr.complicated> wrote:

>
> "Tropical Haven" <user@example.net> wrote in message
> news:422FC4E0.2060001@example.net...
> >> What dream world do you live on? You said that Cingular did not sell
> >> locked phones until they learned that practice from AWS. This is a
> >> completely FALSE statement. Cingular phones have always been locked. Just
> >> because a few Motorolas came unlocked does not mean that all the phones
> >> previously sold were magically unlocked.
> >
> > I have heard that for a period of time Cingular sold all world phones
> > unlocked. I have had access to a few, and they were unlocked, however I
> > feel my sample was not fairly representing the sales of Cingular handsets
> > for any period of time.
>
> And they will still unlock any world phone for you* if you know the right
> people to ask.
>
> I'm sure Jack will be happy to post this information** since he knows
> everything there is to know about Cingualr wireless services and policies

Au contraire, it's "Jiu" who (like Navas) acts so arrogant that he knows
everything, including secret phone numbers on how to activate phones.
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 4:24:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <422FC581.30602@example.net>,
Tropical Haven <user@example.net> wrote:

> > The poster said his V400 was sold to him unlocked (as was my T637 and I
> > think a Sony T637 is not a Motorola phone). Now they sell those phones
> > locked. They learned it from ATTWS.
>
> Cingular did sell locked phones before it acquired ATTWS. However, that
> doesn't mean that *all* of Cingular's phones were locked previously, but
> it doesn't mean they were unlocked, either.

Correct.
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 5:58:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:jzwick3-37EE4F.07221710032005@news1.west.earthlink.net...
> In article <422FC4E0.2060001@example.net>,
> Tropical Haven <user@example.net> wrote:
>
>> > What dream world do you live on? You said that Cingular did not sell
>> > locked
>> > phones until they learned that practice from AWS. This is a completely
>> > FALSE
>> > statement. Cingular phones have always been locked. Just because a few
>> > Motorolas came unlocked does not mean that all the phones previously
>> > sold
>> > were magically unlocked.
>>
>> I have heard that for a period of time Cingular sold all world phones
>> unlocked. I have had access to a few, and they were unlocked, however I
>> feel my sample was not fairly representing the sales of Cingular
>> handsets for any period of time.
>
> Yup its "Jiu" who lives in the dream world that his suppositions are fact
> and attack anyone who questions those guess.


So it's an attack any time somebody points out that you are wrong?

Again with the Dem doublespeak. tsk, tsk.

--
JJ
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 6:07:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:jzwick3-B32671.07233210032005@news1.west.earthlink.net...
> In article <6ZPXd.63682$SQ4.40193@fe1.texas.rr.com>,
> "Jiu Jitsuperfly" <jiujitsuperfly@satx.rr.complicated> wrote:
>
>>
>> "Tropical Haven" <user@example.net> wrote in message
>> news:422FC4E0.2060001@example.net...
>> >> What dream world do you live on? You said that Cingular did not sell
>> >> locked phones until they learned that practice from AWS. This is a
>> >> completely FALSE statement. Cingular phones have always been locked.
>> >> Just
>> >> because a few Motorolas came unlocked does not mean that all the
>> >> phones
>> >> previously sold were magically unlocked.
>> >
>> > I have heard that for a period of time Cingular sold all world phones
>> > unlocked. I have had access to a few, and they were unlocked, however
>> > I
>> > feel my sample was not fairly representing the sales of Cingular
>> > handsets
>> > for any period of time.
>>
>> And they will still unlock any world phone for you* if you know the right
>> people to ask.
>>
>> I'm sure Jack will be happy to post this information** since he knows
>> everything there is to know about Cingualr wireless services and policies
>
> Au contraire, it's "Jiu" who (like Navas) acts so arrogant that he knows
> everything, including secret phone numbers on how to activate phones.


I do not claim to know everything. I learn more every day because I like
what I do.

I was also attempting to help the gentleman who was not provided with the
activation materials. It worked.

Why didn't you try to help Jack?

I happened to have the number because I've worked for Cingular for quite a
few years now. So yes, I have access to information and numbers that you do
not.

I've also provided a way to get your phone unlocked but I guess you already
had that information as well.

--
JJ
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 6:18:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <fgj031dejsl3vlmon90buvlpo40fhhqecv@4ax.com>,
Dick <LeadWinger> wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:17:51 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com>
> wrote:
>
> >> Yes you're V551 is unlocked as is every V551 released within the first 2
> >> months of the buyout/merger.
> >
> >And every v400 and v600 sold the previous year. And every Quad band
> >phone.
>
> That makes sense to me. I understood the purpose of the quad-band
> phone was to be able to use it in places like Europe with another SIM.
> If it were locked, that would defeat the reason for being quad-band.

You can certainly conceptualize that, but why then sell them locked ever
since December 2004.
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 6:19:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <soZXd.65410$SQ4.61567@fe1.texas.rr.com>,
"Jiu Jitsuperfly" <jiujitsuperfly@satx.rr.complicated> wrote:

>
> I do not claim to know everything. I learn more every day because I like
> what I do.
>
> I was also attempting to help the gentleman who was not provided with the
> activation materials. It worked.
>
> Why didn't you try to help Jack?

I am not an employee of Cingular with access to secret phone numbers.
Why was that number not provided with his phone?
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 6:20:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <JgZXd.65405$SQ4.13005@fe1.texas.rr.com>,
"Jiu Jitsuperfly" <jiujitsuperfly@satx.rr.complicated> wrote:

>
> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> news:jzwick3-37EE4F.07221710032005@news1.west.earthlink.net...
> > In article <422FC4E0.2060001@example.net>,
> > Tropical Haven <user@example.net> wrote:
> >
> >> > What dream world do you live on? You said that Cingular did not sell
> >> > locked
> >> > phones until they learned that practice from AWS. This is a completely
> >> > FALSE
> >> > statement. Cingular phones have always been locked. Just because a few
> >> > Motorolas came unlocked does not mean that all the phones previously
> >> > sold
> >> > were magically unlocked.
> >>
> >> I have heard that for a period of time Cingular sold all world phones
> >> unlocked. I have had access to a few, and they were unlocked, however I
> >> feel my sample was not fairly representing the sales of Cingular
> >> handsets for any period of time.
> >
> > Yup its "Jiu" who lives in the dream world that his suppositions are fact
> > and attack anyone who questions those guess.
>
>
> So it's an attack any time somebody points out that you are wrong?
>
> Again with the Dem doublespeak. tsk, tsk.

You are thje one trying to convince people Cingular didnt sell unlocked
phones.
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 8:36:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

JohnK wrote:
> Hello
>
> I recently purchased a used V60i on e-bay that was advertised as
> unlocked. I bought this only as a backup phone that I could throw into
> a pocket when I was in certain places that I couldn't carry my newer phone.
>
> I know the SIM I have (from Cingular) works fine in my 551. When I put
> it into the V60i, it asks for a subsidy code.
>
> Does this mean the phone is Not unlocked afterall?
>
> Thanks.
>
> John

Correct, that means the phone is locked to another carrier number. What
brand does the phone say on it?
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 8:40:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Jack Zwick wrote:
> In article <422FC581.30602@example.net>,
> Tropical Haven <user@example.net> wrote:
>
>
>>>The poster said his V400 was sold to him unlocked (as was my T637 and I
>>>think a Sony T637 is not a Motorola phone). Now they sell those phones
>>>locked. They learned it from ATTWS.
>>
>>Cingular did sell locked phones before it acquired ATTWS. However, that
>>doesn't mean that *all* of Cingular's phones were locked previously, but
>>it doesn't mean they were unlocked, either.
>
>
> Correct.

Therefore Cingular didn't adopt that practice with the purchase of AWS.
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 8:54:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

> You are thje one trying to convince people Cingular didnt sell unlocked
> phones.

It was clearly stated that Cingular sold both locked and unlocked phones
before purchasing AWS.

DROP IT.






+-------------------+ .:\:\:/:/:.
| PLEASE DO NOT | :.:\:\:/:/:.:
| FEED THE TROLLS | :=.' - - '.=:
| | '=(\ 9 9 /)='
| Thank you, | ( (_) )
| Management | /`-vvv-'\
+-------------------+ / \
| | @@@ / /|,,,,,|\ \
| | @@@ /_// /^\ \\_\
@x@@x@ | | |/ WW( ( ) )WW
\||||/ | | \| __\,,\ /,,/__
\||/ | | | (______Y______)
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
==================================================================
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 10:12:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <1130ug9jji30o3c@corp.supernews.com>, JohnK <tricom@twd.net>
wrote:

> Hello
>
> I recently purchased a used V60i on e-bay that was advertised as
> unlocked. I bought this only as a backup phone that I could throw into
> a pocket when I was in certain places that I couldn't carry my newer phone.
>
> I know the SIM I have (from Cingular) works fine in my 551. When I put
> it into the V60i, it asks for a subsidy code.
>
> Does this mean the phone is Not unlocked afterall?
>
> Thanks.
>
> John

Sounds like you answered your own question.
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 10:13:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <423089ED.5050309@example.net>,
Tropical Haven <user@example.net> wrote:

> > You are thje one trying to convince people Cingular didnt sell unlocked
> > phones.
>
> It was clearly stated that Cingular sold both locked and unlocked phones
> before purchasing AWS.
>
> DROP IT.
>

Not when the Troll "Jiu" is insulting me for calling him for
his mistatements.
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 10:14:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <4230868C.6020701@example.net>,
Tropical Haven <user@example.net> wrote:

>
>
> Jack Zwick wrote:
> > In article <422FC581.30602@example.net>,
> > Tropical Haven <user@example.net> wrote:
> >
> >
> >>>The poster said his V400 was sold to him unlocked (as was my T637 and I
> >>>think a Sony T637 is not a Motorola phone). Now they sell those phones
> >>>locked. They learned it from ATTWS.
> >>
> >>Cingular did sell locked phones before it acquired ATTWS. However, that
> >>doesn't mean that *all* of Cingular's phones were locked previously, but
> >>it doesn't mean they were unlocked, either.
> >
> >
> > Correct.
>
> Therefore Cingular didn't adopt that practice with the purchase of AWS.

It certainly does, as now all phones are sold locked; and that only
started in December of 2004.
March 10, 2005 11:33:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Thanks very much for the feedback and info. This phone only has the
Motorola logo on it. No company branding anywhere.


John

Tropical Haven wrote:

>
>
> JohnK wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> I recently purchased a used V60i on e-bay that was advertised as
>> unlocked. I bought this only as a backup phone that I could throw
>> into a pocket when I was in certain places that I couldn't carry my
>> newer phone.
>>
>> I know the SIM I have (from Cingular) works fine in my 551. When I
>> put it into the V60i, it asks for a subsidy code.
>>
>> Does this mean the phone is Not unlocked afterall?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> John
>
>
> Correct, that means the phone is locked to another carrier number. What
> brand does the phone say on it?
>
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 8:18:33 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <jzwick3-B32671.07233210032005@news1.west.earthlink.net> on Thu, 10 Mar
2005 13:23:32 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>In article <6ZPXd.63682$SQ4.40193@fe1.texas.rr.com>,
> "Jiu Jitsuperfly" <jiujitsuperfly@satx.rr.complicated> wrote:
>
>>
>> "Tropical Haven" <user@example.net> wrote in message
>> news:422FC4E0.2060001@example.net...
>> >> What dream world do you live on? You said that Cingular did not sell
>> >> locked phones until they learned that practice from AWS. This is a
>> >> completely FALSE statement. Cingular phones have always been locked. Just
>> >> because a few Motorolas came unlocked does not mean that all the phones
>> >> previously sold were magically unlocked.
>> >
>> > I have heard that for a period of time Cingular sold all world phones
>> > unlocked. I have had access to a few, and they were unlocked, however I
>> > feel my sample was not fairly representing the sales of Cingular handsets
>> > for any period of time.
>>
>> And they will still unlock any world phone for you* if you know the right
>> people to ask.
>>
>> I'm sure Jack will be happy to post this information** since he knows
>> everything there is to know about Cingualr wireless services and policies
>
>Au contraire, it's "Jiu" who (like Navas) acts so arrogant that he knows
>everything, including secret phone numbers on how to activate phones.

I never said anything of the kind. Back into your hole, Jack.

--
Best regards,
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/&gt;

"A little learning is a dangerous thing." [Alexander Pope]
"It is better to sit in silence and appear ignorant,
than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." [Mark Twain]
!