Registry

Hello
Ihave installed XP Home as my operating system ,
when i try to load some progs i keep getting the message
that registry editing has been disabled by the
administrator , yet it is a computer i built and has only
two accounts on it , which are my wifeand myself , how do
i enable registry editing?

Thank you
1 answer Last reply
More about registry

    Hi Mark,

    See: http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/tweakuirest.htm

    BTW, many viruses/trojans may enable this restriction. Don't forget to run a
    full system virus scan. Also, get the following spyware removal tools:
    Lavasoft Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
    SpyBot S&D - http://www.safer-networking.org/
    CWShredder : http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/CWShredder.exe

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Window XP Shell/User

    "Mark Howell" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    Hello
    Ihave installed XP Home as my operating system ,
    when i try to load some progs i keep getting the message
    that registry editing has been disabled by the
    administrator , yet it is a computer i built and has only
    two accounts on it , which are my wifeand myself , how do
    i enable registry editing?

    Thank you

Configuration Registry Microsoft Windows XP