Intel Burn in test

Status
Not open for further replies.

waliber

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
I just finished overclocking my 2600k and used intel burn test and topped out at 85c at 4.5ghz with 1.335v. Is this safe for normal use? because i hover around 55c when heavy gaming. Thanks i just want some peace of mind knowing it's ok.

Solution
I would not pass 72.6C as that is Intel's maximum. You can run past 50C though, well past 50C. For all days use, I would say stop at around 67-70C.

Are you using the stock cooler?

philchen

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012

sorry . i don't have your cpu . but what i saw your temp is little bit high . you think that would be under 50 at least ..
and 4.5GHZ it is ok to achieve. you can read the guide . that might help seam i didnot read it at all

waliber

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
i did ive used prime 95 occt and now intel burn test they all work its just they seemed to cap around low 80s to high 70s by the end. Its just ive heard during test like these that the temps will be high anyway and you dont hit these levels in real use. im just wondering if thats normal for a stress test. Anyone else you any of these programs and what did you get? thanks!

waliber

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011

thanks man!I'm using an h60 and i actually just lowered down to 4.4ghz at 1.305v and its stable in prime95 at 74c so I think that should be good for everyday considering I never actually get that high.

Yeah, if you don't pass 70C often, you are fine. Just make sure you check temps for daily use too. Wouldn't want to fry the that really nice core i7 you have got there!

No problem for the help! :)

waliber

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011

I gotta say thanks again man I tested it on intel burn test as well which i hear can be better than prime and it topped at 76c a couple times for a sec but stayed no higher than 63c consistently. I wanna stay at this clock speed cause i notice that when you go above 4.4 it requires a lot more volts and i see more temp and stability issues. Thank you!

No problem! Sounds like a good OC! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.