Can't seem to connect to Games for Windows Live at all. (and slow)

Normalcey

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
Hello, I installed my old copy of windows xp on a different partition, to run a game (super street fighter IV Arcade Edition) Better, but it will not connect to GFWL properly to play.

The odd thing is, it connects to the login servers. It recognized when I accidentally messed up my password, but gave me the cannot connect to GFWL message.

If I try to connect to the GFWL website, I get a Runtime error on my firefox. "Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. "

Also, unless I stop the "Automatic Update" the game slows to a crawl at 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 FPS (or so it would seem)

I can run the game at an average of 60 FPS on my current setting under my W7 partition.

Anyone know what's up? Thanks.

Mikal1955

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
You may need to delete browsing history. Go to Safety in tool bar. Click on it, then click on delete browsing history. Another window will pop up. Make sure to have all boxes checked and click delete. Then go to Control Panel and click on performance and maintenance. Click on Administrative tools then event viewer. On the left hand side, right click on each event and click on clear. Another window will pop up. Just say no to each one. Restart computer. Hope this works for ya.

Normalcey

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
Ok so no matter what I seem to do, the game slows to a crawl about about 30 seconds. (think Crysis on an NES) Total slideshow with a 10 second analysis on each frame.

I had this issue with my last XP partition :( I thought it was corrupt or something, what's going on!? >_<