Sign in with
Your question

Why can't i install windows 7?

Last response: in Windows 7
October 6, 2011 7:17:46 AM

Vista & XP installs just fine & works great. Windows 7 starts install at the end of the install (when it asks for username & password or when it shows welcome screen) it restarts (suddenly) & after that shows there's no OS installed. I've change my HDD, still doesn't work.

I have Intel core 2 quad 2.33 ghz, Intel DG41TY motherboard, 4gb ddr2 ram, nvidia geforce 9500gt (1gb), 1TB seagate HDD

I've contacted manufacturer but they couldn't help me, I've tried different windows 7 DVDs, i don't have motherboard problem & I've updated BIOS. I'm not getting any blue screen problems & my PC is brand new. Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor says it's gonna run on my pc.

So please friends help me, I need to know what's wrong

More about : install windows

October 6, 2011 9:34:29 AM

What version of Win 7 and where did you get it?
m
l
Related resources
October 6, 2011 10:21:05 AM

Premium? Professional? Enterprise? Ultimate?
m
l
October 6, 2011 10:38:40 AM

ultimate version only & i've downloaded from torrent, used different DVDs from friends & manufacturer
m
l
October 6, 2011 11:06:23 AM

And yet Vista and XP will install.

Has the HDD been newly formatted and is it NFTS?

Have you tried resetting the BIOS to defaults?
m
l
a c 229 $ Windows 7
October 6, 2011 12:03:21 PM

ayan_halder_2009 said:
ultimate version only & i've downloaded from torrent, used different DVDs from friends & manufacturer

Downloaded it from a torrent. It doesn't sound like a legitimate copy to me.
m
l
October 6, 2011 12:05:58 PM

i've even used original verson. i've told u earlier i've used different dvds
m
l
October 6, 2011 1:04:26 PM

Versions downloaded from a torrent may have an imbeded virus or trojan. Buy a legimate copy.
m
l
October 6, 2011 7:44:13 PM

Get Ultimate Boot CD and run HDD diagnostics. Unless your new drive has some sort of corrupted or hacked boot sector I can think of no reason for this.

You claim to be able to install XP and Vista on the same system. 2 and 2 do not equal 5. Something you are telling us is incorrect.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 6, 2011 8:09:38 PM

This does seem very odd. After all it would be unusual to find a Core 2 brand new as the technology is years old now. I suspect the cause of the problem is the use of illegitimate software which of course cannot be supported on this site.
m
l
October 6, 2011 9:02:14 PM

Sounds to me like a hard drive issue, but it also could be the fact that its pirated which in many instances cause more harm than good. Ill have to be wary on what support i give out because of the fact that its pirated and i dont approve of that.
m
l
!