Sign in with
Your question

Overcloacking Padawan Asking for a Help,

Last response: in Overclocking
January 22, 2012 12:40:25 PM

Hello everyone, im trying(not trying yet, will try hopefully when i find my answers) to overclock both cpu and ram but im not sure what steps should i follow. I've been reading a lot but i'm a little scared of making my pc like a blowed up death star[:aemrod]. So my questions are;

1- Is turboV convenient for overcloacking(some says it's a nice program some says its bad and unstable and top of these most says it wastes %10-15 potentiol of overcloacking so bios is the best option.So which one should i choose can't decide could you help me.
2- How can i be sure my rams are working on 1600mhz.
3- What steps should i follow and which programs to test and monitor.

Please guide me and help me with your knowledge. May the force be with you.

System
ASUS P6t Deluxe motherboard
İntel i7-920 witch a thermaltake sping-q (couldn't find any other option around here)
OCZ gold edition 6gb 1600mhz ram (3 sticks) -----> http://www.ocztechnology.com/ocz-ddr3-pc3-12800-gold-lo...
CM real power m850 1000 watt psu -----> http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=2543

More about : overcloacking padawan

a b å Intel
a c 197 K Overclocking
January 22, 2012 2:16:47 PM

1. Learn to use the BIOS.
2. Download and install CPU-Z.
3. Look for an overclocking guide for your motherboard.
m
l
January 22, 2012 2:38:49 PM

jsc said:
1. Learn to use the BIOS.
2. Download and install CPU-Z.
3. Look for an overclocking guide for your motherboard.

i was looking more spesific explenations like how to make right choice in bios oc. What should i do and what shouldn't.
Also couldn't find a oc guide for my mobo spesifically, thats why i asked here. Its not like i've never searched anything.
m
l
Related resources
January 22, 2012 3:15:52 PM

Also installed cpu-z and took some screenshots.
There is a DDram freq. isn't it suposed to be 800mhz to get a 1600mhz ?
I don't understand most of the things here so will anyone tell me what to do and if anything looks wrong.

m
l
January 22, 2012 6:50:20 PM

First attempt failed with bsod as soon as os started and folowing several attempts also failed since guide doesnt tell much about the settings it just says change this to this and enable that since i dont know what they are for i'll wait for more info and will search.
m
l
!