Computer help: HP e9200z vs. HP s5280t

aizturo

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2009
Hello all,

I'm not quite sure which these two computers would be a better choice. At time of writing both computers are being offered at the same price, and I lack the know-how to judge which would be the better deal.

I am looking for a decent to good computer for gaming in college and am unsure which of the two computers would be a better deal. I will only post the differences between the two.

HP Pavilion Elite e9200z series

Processor:
AMD Athlon X4 620 quad core processor [2.6GHz, 2MB L2, up to 4000MT/s bus]

Graphics Card:
1GB ATI Radeon HD 4650 [DVI, HDMI, VGA]

6-in-1 memory card reader

HP Pavilion Slimline s5280t
(Smaller, lighter. Easier to carry [and steal])

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Quad processor Q8300 [2.5GHz, 4MB L2, 1333MHz FSB]

Graphics Card: 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 [DVI, HDMI, VGA adapter]

15-in-1 memory card reader

Thank you for any and all advice.

They are pretty close. The Q8300 would outperform the athlon II x4 by a bit but not much. The difference in gaming between the CPUs would be nothing with those cards. I would take the one with the 4650 because although it would be close, the 4650 would perform better.
You mention the memory card reader though? Is that something of importance to you?

aizturo

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2009
Well I was unsure if that should be any sort of a factor, I didn't think it should be, but I wasn't sure.

Thanks for your opinion though.

I am leaning towards the slimline at the moment. The main disadvantage with the slimline (the difficulty in expanding) will not be too much of a problem I don't believe. What it comes with I think should last a long enough time for my uses for the machine.