gwalec

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Hello

My Seagate Baraccuda 7200 RPM 1.5TB drive just failed. I use it as my storage drive (D) and i have two OCZ Vertex 2 120 GB in Raid 0 that i use as my system drive (C). I took out the Seagate drive and rebooted the computer. Upon reboot the computer will not load. It is trying to load off of the CDROM. Went into BIOS and my RAID is not recognized. I have the RAID set up on the intel ICH10 ports on my Gigabyte x58A UD3R mobo. My Optical drive is recognized (set up on the Marvell 9128 port). Funny thing is (and this is normal as it happens every time i Boot up) right after the POST screen but just before OS is loaded and DMI pool is verified, a screen loads showing my RAID 0 configuration with details/settings about the array. So why does my BIOS not detect my Raid array but the screen that i just mentioned loads fine showing the array to be working properly?

Also, I reinstalled the Seagate drive and my Raid array is still not detected in BIOS but the OS did load and I am using it right now as we speak. Does anyone know what i should do? My first insticts are unpartition the D: or clear CMOS.

Thanks

the RAID should have a separate configuration screen out side the BIOS.

usually it should say somewhere CTRL+S or CTRL+A to get into the RAID setup after the BIOS has booted.

RAID configuration is not part of the BIOS. you only activate the RAID controller in the BIOS.